FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast 26th March in aid of Martlets Hospice 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mike e

Aperitif said:
Ay oop lad.
I have just been reading about you and others on the May 09 ride reports - as I wrote on the other Brighton thread.
Doesn't seem the same without you mikee...:evil:
I assume you'll be riding Boardman Pro geared? :ohmy:

:biggrin::blush::laugh::blush::laugh:

Why thank you for the very kind words.

Weapon of choice for this Martletts ride will be my fixed of course...:thumbsup:

I figure the majority of these novice riders will encounter mechanical difficulties at some point in the ride and will need to convert to a single gear situation, thus I am on hand (with my oppo Des of course) to demonstrate the relative ease of "gliding" up the beacon a la uno gear...:biggrin:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
iLB said:
not sure i could handle the gearing on it to be completely honest, looks like 39-15 or something is the lowest :laugh:
39/21 - same as Floreana, and Lucia before her...

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I will save the spaces for experienced FNRttCers but may pop by and say hi if I'm around at that time and take a few pictures of the happy participants.

iLB

Hello there
dellzeqq said:
39/21 - same as Floreana, and Lucia before her...

ahh not so bad then...
ChinScratch.gif
but regardless it looks like i'll have an 80km road race on the 28th if all goes to plan, so no heroics from me... nice looking bike mind :laugh:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Clive B
Greg C (with whistle, if you please...)
Lee 1010
Davy S
Martin F
Tim H
Mick D
Luke C
Stuart A
Andy C
User10571 B
Pippa G
Andrij B
Claudine C
Charlotte B
Julian N
Andrew Am
Rob H
Rob F
Tim O
Adam B
Barry J
Jules H
Louise L
Gina B
Andy Al
Chris B
Tim H
Kim W
Greg P
Thom F
Adrian C
Matt J
Titus H
Des O'D
Peter W
Charles E
Stuart G
Graham H, doyen of routefinders (and purveyor of emergency spare wheels), will ride amongst us
Marylin B
Francesca M
Alastair MacD
Matthew L
Rachael W makes 44
Sig E
Rimas G
John E (with thanks for the offer)
Jane D
Susie F
L'Angelo Mysterioso (this, the more astute of you will have realised, is a pseudonym, but, then again, some of you will work out who it is....)

so - about 11 places left. The Martlets have registered 64, but some may drop out - on the other hand they have got about 50 others expressing an interest....we're going to have to pull up the drawbridge soon.

beatleandrew

That's a pretty impressive list for three days.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
don't get behind any clunkers on the hills for gawds sake. I got taken out by someone coming backwards on the beacon, with their brakes full on, years ago ona BHF L2B

I was intending to sit at the back anyway, on the basis that if you're near the front, you're going to get very cold having to wait for longer than usual, plus I'm sure there'll be some in need of a hand towards the back.

Extensive experimentation twiddling up hills behind the Wowbaggers on their tandem has meant I've found that I'm OK down to 2.5 mph. Any slower than that, and I'll fall off.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
my plan was similar, it could turn into a bizarre 100km slow bicycle race. What odds Apollo Full Sus MTBSO first up the beacon?

Flying Dodo said:
I was intending to sit at the back anyway, on the basis that if you're near the front, you're going to get very cold having to wait for longer than usual, plus I'm sure there'll be some in need of a hand towards the back.

Extensive experimentation twiddling up hills behind the Wowbaggers on their tandem has meant I've found that I'm OK down to 2.5 mph. Any slower than that, and I'll fall off.

Me too Adam. As it's the 'full moon ride' we could be the planet extras! ;)

Top Bottom