FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast April 15th Manchester to Blackpool 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
....is now open for registrations.

53 miles, with a halfway stop at Ribchester. The first half is up and up and down, and up and up, with a couple of 1 in 7s that take us to a thousand feet above sea level. The second half is flat, and pretty much due westerley.

I'll be seeing the owners of the cafe in Ribchester on the 28th March, so it would be good to have some idea of numbers before then.

http://fnrttc.blogspot.com/ for all the stuff, but please do feel free to ask....

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Can I come please (email en route) :smile:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Regret to say I'm almost certainly out- unable to find a ticket back to Pompey for less than £51, tried splitting tickets etc but no joy.

mistral

Guru
Yes please, tickets booked, looking forward to another classy Northern night out.

After Cleethorpes last year Blackpool is another town that was a Mecca for Northern Soul boys back in the day.

U

User482

Dell, the 18th's a Monday - I assume you mean the 15th?

Anyway, I'm at a wedding on the 16th. Bugger!

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Yes please, Your 'Zeqqness.

Stu, that's a shame about tickets. Advance ones for Manchester are a bit of a joke from here too, but I can just about do it.

User482, I'm sure they won't mind if you turn up late in sweaty lycra. Will they? One of my friends is, unfortunately, also getting married on a FNRttC Saturday. But I'll probably get round to sending a card...

Hmmm... Are fat slow people on inappropriate bikes who are rubbish at climbing allowed? If it helps, I've recently swapped the tyres for positively alarmingly skinny 28s.

And I would promise not to carry any cake (because I'd make everyone else carry it instead again!).

U

User482

Yes please, Your 'Zeqqness.

Stu, that's a shame about tickets. Advance ones for Manchester are a bit of a joke from here too, but I can just about do it.

User482, I'm sure they won't mind if you turn up late in sweaty lycra. Will they? One of my friends is, unfortunately, also getting married on a FNRttC Saturday. But I'll probably get round to sending a card...

I did briefly entertain the idea, but the chances of getting from Blackpool to Bedfordshire by 11am are remote, and I doubt that Mrs R would be terribly impressed! I suppose I'll have to make do with the Cardiff-Swansea ride...

Tickets were expensive from Bristol too - the best I could find was £60 return.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
[QUOTE 1329068"]
Hmmm... Are fat slow people on inappropriate bikes who are rubbish at climbing allowed? If it helps, I've recently swapped the tyres for positively alarmingly skinny 28s.

And I would promise not to carry any cake (because I'd make everyone else carry it instead again!).
[/quote]

Well I'm going CL so I hope so :biggrin:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
[QUOTE 1329068"]

[/quote]
send me an e-mail. We'll talk....

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
While I thought of it, checked prices for Cardiff and Swansea. As little as £20 to and from here (though that would mean waiting a bit on Saturday morning, not exactly a problem), that's lovely :smile:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
While I thought of it, checked prices for Cardiff and Swansea. As little as £20 to and from here (though that would mean waiting a bit on Saturday morning, not exactly a problem), that's lovely :smile:

Unfortunately I'm stuck at £99.80 for a return ticket to Cardiff atm. Unless I can lower that a bit I'm going to have to give the Welsh ride a miss :sad:

Top Bottom