FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast Brighton July 15th 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Excellent ride! Thanks to Simon, tecs and riders ... and the scouts group.

IMG_3113.JPG

Photos: My Photos
Blog post: My Blog

Tim Hall

Sunt pueri pueri pueri puerilia tractant

Semper ubi sub ubi, he said, lowering the tone.

Mind you, I did send a txt to The Girl on Saturday, telling her "mater et pater in via maximus sunt" as we crawled towards Heathrow through the traffic on the M25.

TimP

Tim and Kathy's 'Pikemobile' is a hefty lump of stuff too - I 'helped' lift it from a train with a gentle 'pivot from my fingers' that nearly broke my hand!

That would have been largely due to the extra amount of junk we had in the panniers. Still, it was less than we took to Dunwich last year.

TimP

Were you the tandem peeps that lost some crank bolts and that I stopped to help?
wave.gif
Or was that the other one?

We were the tandem missing chainring bolts, it explained why the shifting was deteriorating. We clamped down the remaining three tight and hoped for the best (given that the greatest strain was probably going to be on the Col de Ditchling and that would be an entirely granny ring affair I had (some) faith it would survive.

_aD

Do not touch suspicious objects
So, who's was the yellow souwester? And is it the same one that was on the table where I sat outside the Flora Cafe in Dunwich on Sunday morning?

That was my Attorney John B, on the green Dawes Galaxy (Emma). You may have also noticed the flying goggles and heard the two-tone bell. Unless he has powers even greater than those I'm aware of, he slunk back to Petersfield as did I.

_aD

Do not touch suspicious objects
I seem to have forgotten the thank you's this time! A great big wet sloppy thank you to Simon, the TECs and anyone else who had their hand in organising the ride. Your efforts and extra miles in the rain all went together to help us all have a great ride. THREE CHEERS!

Top Bottom