FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast in aid of Martlets Hospice 2nd September 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

Art in Action - as mentioned by Adrian. You missed nothing my learned, starfangled banner friend. :smile:*

*It seemed that 'the bloke' had so many screws loose it would have been futile to ask the mobile mechanic for a 'once more unto the breach dear friends...'
He was calmer later.

I had the dubious pleasure of crossing paths with him earlier that morning whilst he (amongst other things - which it's probably for the best that I do not share with you) brushed his teeth in the municipal lavvy a stonesthrow from the Madeira Cafe, whilst I attended to other matters in there.

As the morning's events unfolded, I confided with McWobble (who was snoozing at the time of the event) that I had witnessed Our Friend (For indeed, I think he genuinely was that) cross the road with a key, open one of the large skip / bins / palladins and get inside.

I thought 'Is he going home?'
'Is he Brighton's Gollum?'

After trampling (compacting - technical term) some trash he emerged, crossed back over the road and continued to serve food to waiting customers.

I was relieved to have 'eaten earlier'.

A brief discussion ensued between McWobble and myself as to what table-and-chairs man may've been like, had he been party to a line or two of Bolivian attitude adjuster. At which point I think we were both way too tired to try to make any kind of sense of the performance (for that is what it was) we were witnessing.

Marching powder - good observation! At least the chairs and tables would have had the legs for it, even if we didn't!

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1TBdk8hrT4[/media]

Next time, I'm asking greg for a cup of 'coco-tea' :smile:

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
It's generally fairly rare to find yourself on your own on a FNRttC.
I did start off riding with a friend in a group we were chatting away with, I got held back by a slow moving rider who, bless her was obvioulsy confused in the fog & weaving all over the place, I called out "on right" as I overtook her, only for her to swing right & send me spiraling to the tarmac...she carried on totaly oblvious, as did my friend who was by this point nothing but a tiny red speck in the mist.
He then got confused as to where I was & assumed that I was ahead of him, he spent the rest of the ride pedling furioulsy to catch me up, as I got scareder & slower :biggrin:
...He was waiting for me at the end though... and 3 miles into our ride home he got a visit from the P fairy :sad: so i left hime to catch a train while I rode home
:whistle:

PippaG

Veteran
You missed a firework being thrown at a marshal. :wacko::angry:

It might have been a firecracker, or a firework, I'm not sure. All I know is that something went off with a bang between my legs :ohmy:

Whilst standing on my corner in Reigate, I got asked if we were training for the Olympics. I wish I had been quick witted enough to say "yes" :biggrin:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Whilst standing on my corner in Reigate, I got asked if we were training for the Olympics. I wish I had been quick witted enough to say "yes" :biggrin:

biggrin.gif

At this juncture (19:30 on a Sunday evening) having waited patiently all day, you might think it was time for the maestro of the telephoto and Pinastoking, Mr T. Hall, to mosey along with 'his stash' of photo opportunities...after hall, 'es 'ad all day. innit? :smile:

thom

____
Thanks Simon as always - some pictures can be found here.
That was good fun but I think it's fair to say we (Andy, Davy and myself) were somewhat relieved to get to the end of Slugwash Lane in one piece after cycling through the thick mist with less illumination than we ought to have had, my front light having run out of juice due to being on full power up to the half way point trying to plot a way down the road through the murky darkness.
Good to see everyone and I wanted to echo StuartG's remarks. I think we all derive a lot a fun from helping with this ride - it's nice to see people giving it a go for the worthy cause of the Martlett's and having a lot of fun too.

Cheers,

Thom.

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
Please form an orderly queue to reply to post #349... :whistle: :smile:

As soon as I read Pippas post a couple of comments sprang to mind :whistle: , but seeing as I don't know Pippa I thought discretion was best, for if I was not a gentleman I may have typed
'Not for the first time'
or
'No change there then'

That was good fun but I think it's fair to say we (Andy, Davy and myself) were somewhat relieved to get to the end of Slugwash Lane in one piece after cycling through the thick mist with less illumination then we ought to have had, my front light having run out of juice due to being on full power up to the half way point trying to plot a way down the road through the murky darkness.

Cheers,

Thom.
I put my lights onto full power there but soon turned them down again, all i could see was a wall of fog.
The 2 exposure flash lights on the bar ends worked well being so low to the ground.

Tim Hall

At this juncture (19:30 on a Sunday evening) having waited patiently all day, you might think it was time for the maestro of the telephoto and Pinastoking, Mr T. Hall, to mosey along with 'his stash' of photo opportunities...after hall, 'es 'ad all day. innit? :smile:

Picasa is proving to be a pain this evening. Talk amongst yourselves while I thrash it.

thom

____
I put my lights onto full power there but soon turned them down again, all i could see was a wall of fog.
The 2 exposure flash lights on the bar ends worked well being so low to the ground.

Ah that's a good call, particularly for spotting holes.
Such was the lack of visibility, I completely missed going through Ardingly...

Top Bottom