FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast in aid of Martlets Hospice 2nd September 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
the biggest FNRttC of the year is run in aid of the Martlets Hospice in Hove. Last year we raised £70,000 for the Hospice, and, although we're not going to have the big leap in numbers that we'd hoped for this year, we are a little ahead on registrations, and still hope to raise £100,000.

We're starting from NCP's car park at Semley Place, just around the corner from Victoria Station, and riding to the Madeira Cafe in Brighton via Copthorne School. Those of you who've ridden to Brighton with us before will pretty much know the route. There'll be toilets at the start and along the route.

There'll be just over 40 marshals along the way, almost all of them experienced FNRttCers, and we'll have an emergency control room managed by the excellent Jasper R. There'll be a van with mechanics, a mini-bus, a nurse and yours truly at the back of the ride offering what assistance we can.

The blog has been given a bit of a going over, and now sports some fine snaps of last year's ride by Olaf. http://fnrttcmartlets.blogspot.com/

Registration is via The Martlets at http://themartlets.org.uk/index.php It costs to enter, but then you get all the good stuff mentioned above, and a medal, a t-shirt and free refreshments.

feel free to e-mail me at fnrttc@yahoo.co.uk if you've got any questions

...thinks fondly of my marshalling point, opposite the Reigate nightclub with only beat music, scantily clad youngsters and left-turning HGVs as accompaniment; + flask, the only hip thing that I possess...Sign up and do this ride - it's a real experience, a sense of achievement and you get to medal with The Martlets!
A vicious rumour has it that Adrian is looking for someone to 'take him on' in a gaudy shirt contest at the Madeira, after the ride...'rehydration wear,' as it is colloquially known. xx(

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
I'm registered along with my friend JoJo.. Drinkies after work today for a teacher that is retiring, mentioned the ride & suddenly have another 5, possibly 6 (needs a new bike) who are up for it - Have emailed them all the website link x

Tim Hall

1470799 said:
Gaudy? I reckon my aged 1st cousin, many times removed, would be mightily offended to read this. Having said that, bring it on.

Well, I believe I'll take a part of that wager.

Ill be signing up tomorrow, however, I would like to help being a marshall and anything in anyway shape or form.

Maybe you could dress normally as a roundabout and park up half way down Reigate Hill, Davy! :smile:
About time you showed up on the ride radar, you shrinking violet you. (Did I really say that? :headshake:) You should have come to Paris - there were so many BCBGs waiting for a glimpse of those '60cm cuisses détendue' :rolleyes:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
As a roundabout?? You calling me fat old boy? Aye, yes, just soo busy planning my travels to come on here much of late.

Would have loved too, alas ive had a reoccurance of dodgy knee so been looking after it, buts whats a BCBG?

Top Bottom