FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast in aid of Martlets Hospice 2nd September 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Simon, are there fliers a chap could leave casually about his place of work pour encourage les autres?
yhm as they say in YoungPeepsLand!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
How are we doing on numbers?
And what's the situation RE marshalling- I assume we don't need to register? I'm planning to ride up, so info on timings in particular would be handy.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
If only marshalling does one need to register?

marna

Two quick things!

1. Have you got me down as a marshal? I hope so! If not, can I become one again? I will try to find the fairy lights.
2. Pete says that he can advertise this on his work cycling list if you like? Lots of cyclists!

rusky

CC Addict
I can marshal somewhere close to Brighton (I'm thinking of Coledean Lane/Ditchling Road junction)

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Two quick things!

1. Have you got me down as a marshal? I hope so! If not, can I become one again? I will try to find the fairy lights.
2. Pete says that he can advertise this on his work cycling list if you like? Lots of cyclists!
yes indeed - you have e-mail
and, yes, anything that Pete can do would be great!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I can marshal somewhere close to Brighton (I'm thinking of Coledean Lane/Ditchling Road junction)
wow - I'll take you up on that - we have two at that junction, but a third would be ideal. I presume you'd go straight from home.

the first rider will be through Coldean at about 4.05

e-mail me on fnrttc@yahoo.co.uk if you would

Simon

hatler

Guru
I ended up as impromptu marshal at the Coldean Lane junction recently. There's one tip for every rider there as they approach the T junction preparing for the left / right.

As they swoop down from Ditchling, all seemed to have it fixed in their heads that "it's all downhill". It isn't.

As they come to the T junction you need to shout at every single one of them "Steep uphill road, change down now !!!"

Before I worked this one out every rider tried to get up this short stretch in something approaching a 90" gear and all failed terribly. One of them nearly ended up under the wheels of a coach as a result.

Top Bottom