FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast in aid of Martlets Hospice 2nd September 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Signed up a mate and I for this on Thursday, me via the internet and my mate via the events team. The events team were very helpful too.

I can't wait for this, its my first fnrttc.

Bring it on.

TimO

Guru
I'm helping marshall this, but my marshalling is quite early on, so I'll also bring a couple of panniers (oh the shame!), with a good load of tools and some spares (on past experience, mostly inner tubes, and CO[sub]2[/sub] cannisters). I'll have to have a good think over whatever else it may be useful to chuck in.

Amusingly enough, I've actually got some spare Schraeder valved 700C inner tubes, accidentally bought a while back, which I'll grab one or two of.

It should be a fun evening, and my first FNRttC for a while (I've been off of cycling for 11 weeks on medical advice, and more recently for kitten and cat related reasons!)

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'm helping marshall this, but my marshalling is quite early on, so I'll also bring a couple of panniers (oh the shame!), with a good load of tools and some spares (on past experience, mostly inner tubes, and CO[sub]2[/sub] cannisters). I'll have to have a good think over whatever else it may be useful to chuck in.

Amusingly enough, I've actually got some spare Schraeder valved 700C inner tubes, accidentally bought a while back, which I'll grab one or two of.

It should be a fun evening, and my first FNRttC for a while (I've been off of cycling for 11 weeks on medical advice, and more recently for kitten and cat related reasons!)
I'm touched, but do bear in mind we'll have two mechanics from Brixton Cycles in the van at the back of the ride. Take life easy, Tim! Leave those spanners at home!

Tim Hall

I'll buy some of the tubes off you if you want to offload them. The Boy's bike uses them and we're getting a kit of Useful Stuff together to take to university.

TimO

Guru
I'm touched, but do bear in mind we'll have two mechanics from Brixton Cycles in the van at the back of the ride. Take life easy, Tim! Leave those spanners at home!

On last years second Martlets ride, even though I wasn't riding it, and just joined you for the 6 miles or so to Clapham Common, before my commute diverged from the ride, I still had to stop to adjust (unsuccessfully on one occasion) two bikes! (loose rear axle bolts in both cases).

I won't carry a vast amount of stuff, on reflection probably just the one pannier, but spare inner tubes and CO[sub]2[/sub] are useful. You gave me a handful of CO[sub]2[/sub] cartridges to carry on the first Martlets ride last year, and it worked so well, it inspired me to go out and buy an inflater and some cartridges myself!

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Oh Bum!
Just had a message from my friend who was riding with me... She can't now!
After recently splitting with her partner, she has had to make some drastic/radical changes - One of which is she's had to sell her road bike which she'd only had a couple of months, basicaly it was the bike or pay the rent!

Several of my colleagues from work had said they were intrested in the ride & I gave them all the details of how to sign up, but as we've been off work for 4 weeks now I have no idea if any of them actulay have.
I may be riding solo
:sad:

rusky

CC Addict
It's a shame that you may be riding solo but I did it solo last year & TBH, the worst part was getting from the station to Sloane Square!!!

You'll meet loads of friendly riders on the way :thumbsup:

Feel free to stop & say hi when you get to Coldean Lane, where I will be standing from 4am! :hello:

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
1470835 said:
Just find one you like the look of/think doesn't actually look dangerous and join them. Sorted.
But what if they think i look like a dodgy dangerous axe murderer :whistle:

Feel free to stop & say hi when you get to Coldean Lane, where I will be standing from 4am! :hello:

I most certainly will :hello:

I don't mind riding solo, or rather getting there solo & then meeting up with other riders, I do most of my sportives solo, as my child care arrangements are somewhat 'unpredictable' so can't plan too far ahead.
It's just i'm dispointed for my friend, she had to pull out of the Capital to Coast & the Wight Ferry, as things were rocky. I know she was really looking forward to this one
:sad:

martint235

Dog on a bike
1470835 said:
There are loads of us on here who will be standing on corners to point the way. Once the back of the ride has gone through we'll then join on. Just find one you like the look of/think doesn't actually look dangerous and join them. Sorted.

I'd avoid Adrian particularly if he's wearing his pink jersey again..... :hello:

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Feel free to stop & say hi when you get to ........
a roundabout on Mitcham Common, where I shall be pointing the way which will be:
"half right at roundabout"
You'll recognise me easily - I'll be wearing a reflective bra.
wave.gif

martin

TimO

Guru
a roundabout on Mitcham Common, where I shall be pointing the way which will be:
"half right at roundabout"
You'll recognise me easily - I'll be wearing a reflective bra.
wave.gif

I think I'm meant to be doing another roundabout at Mitcham Common, and I'd like to point out, I won't be wearing a reflective bra.

Top Bottom