FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast Newhaven, Dieppe, Paris 22, 23, 24 May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
As @srw said, this was my first long ride on a solo bike in a very long time, and riding the tandem is different in a number of respects! The back problem was the thing which really did for me in the last few miles, but I thoroughly enjoyed the night overall. I'm just sorry I wasn't able to do any riding on the French side, but at least my presence in the team car meant that @srw could get a few miles in.

Resolutions for the future: (a) I will be back! once I've re-trained my back to cope and (b) I will learn how to do hills properly. Thanks to everyone for keeping me going and waiting around when necessary!
I didn't think that there was anything wrong with your riding position - albeit that your saddle might go up and forward a bit.

Take a look at Susie next time you see her - her riding position is incredibly relaxed - and I think you'll find that you're not that far away. It's just that seventy miles in an unfamiliar position is going to be tough.

frank9755

Cyclist
We've just got back from the airport, having made it to Marseille on schedule.
Lovely ride, with lots of new places. Good food, good weather most of the way - a bit of rain but only through night, and a bit colder than usual until we dropped down from the plateau into Provence around Friday afternoon - then the last few days have been very warm.
Will fill in a few more details in the next few days.

Top Bottom