FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Southend 4th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arthur

Comfortably numb and increasingly fixed.
I think that was the warmest night ride I've ever done and getting wet without getting chilled was a happily novel experience.

A few photos taken en-route can be found here

U

User10571

I think that was the warmest night ride I've ever done and getting wet without getting chilled was a happily novel experience.

A few photos taken en-route can be found here
Blimey, Arthur!
Its been a while..... and some historic photos in there.....

Arthur

Comfortably numb and increasingly fixed.
Blimey, Arthur!
Its been a while..... and some historic photos in there.....

It has indeed User10571, the best part of 5-years since my last Hyde Park Corner start! It was nice to find the FNRttC has lost none of its magic :smile:
I'm pretty certain I have pictures from other historic FNRttCs somewhere but I'm buggered if I can find them.

Wobblers

Euthermic
I did. Many, Most were preceded by the words "It may be p***ing down, but it could be worse. McWobble could be here".

Git. ^_^

OI, You leave one of my bestest mates alone you... seeing as you couldn't be arsed to grace your presence on the ride with yourself and your booze.. hurrumph. ;)

As Martin said, you and a lot of other regulars were missed....

Ha. All you're interested is the contents of my hip flask. Ungrateful wretch. (This is what happens when you're no longer a mod - no one's afraid of you any more!) Anyway, ISTR that it was you making unkind comments about Martin's waist line in Strood a couple of Whitstables ago, leaving me to leap to his defence by pointing out that you were skating on thin ice whilst chucking stones within glass houses....

Wobblers

Euthermic
Dell's post mentions holding everyone back though :smile:. It's my impression that the speedy lycra section of the club has grown, while the ploddy hybrid-riding section has largely withered away. As I've always been somewhere in the middle, I now find myself constantly at the back and left behind, which I don't much enjoy even if people do regroup and wait for me to catch up. Just my impression of course.

TMN, I don't recall seeing you at the back when I was TEC'ing on the Whitstable ride. You are not slow. You were fine on last year's Southwold ride, which was a lot faster than any of the regular FNRs. (And even if you were slow, the TECs would pace you, that's what we're here for, in fact we'd welcome your company.) If the FNRttC was only about the "speedy lycra section" I'd not be interested in it. It's an inclusive ride: let the speed merchants compete with each other at the front: it's really not about them, it's about those ploddy hybrid-riding people finding out that they actually can ride 50 miles or more - and enjoy the experience! The FNR would be much worse without them, and worse without yourself, especially if you think that you're not fit or fast enough. Nonsense!

Dibdib