FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Southend-on-Sea May 4th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nosaj

My first one too, Nosaj (well, assuming my CTC cheque arrives safely chez the Keeper of the Fridays) and even though I've already met a couple of the regulars I'm already getting nervous about it! I've never cycled through the night before. Hope to see you there - I suspect I'll be riding pretty close to the tail so if you find yourself at the back say hello!

I am looking forward to it but with trepidation also. I have never cycled through the night either but have stayed up all night (whilst sober) a few times. The hours of 3am-5am tend (for me anyway) to be the bit where I dip. Coffee and food helps....a lot. Hopefully by that time we should be long past the climb out of Chigwell and into the flatter bit.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I am looking forward to it but with trepidation also. I have never cycled through the night either but have stayed up all night (whilst sober) a few times. The hours of 3am-5am tend (for me anyway) to be the bit where I dip. Coffee and food helps....a lot. Hopefully by that time we should be long past the climb out of Chigwell and into the flatter bit.

The best thing to do to keep yourself alert whilst on the ride is strike up a conversation with another rider next to you whoever that may be.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Adam B
Adrian C
Adrian M
Anneka T
Anthony B
Ash M-F
Cate R
Charles B
Chris Br
Chris By
Chris F
David H
Francine H
Gail G
Gary H
Georgios V
Grahame D
Isa T
Jackie G
Jason R
Jenny M
Jessica J
John E
John T
Jonathan T
User10571
Ken Z
Kristjan K
Mark G
Martin B
Martin W
Miranda S
Nick L
Nigel C
Pamela W
Pete H
Rebecca T
Rubina S
Sahar A
Sandra S
Simon F
Simon W
Steve L
Steve W
Stewart P
Stuart G
Tim D
TJ A
Grace W
Ian A
Martin L-S
Martin T
Rebecca O
Ross C
Stuart A
Susie F
Tim O
a couple more to go on the list when the cheques are in.........

martint235

Dog on a bike
I've disappeared from the list! I promise not to offer Adrian any abuse over his pink shirt if I can be re-instated please (crosses fingers behind back)

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'm just picking up on the e-mails and I'll bring the CC registrants in in a bit. Did you send an e-mail, Martin?:whistle:

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'm just picking up on the e-mails and I'll bring the CC registrants in in a bit. Did you send an e-mail, Martin?:whistle:
Not for this ride specifically although I'm happy to. Just getting confused (easily happens)

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
yup - all we need is a couple of old hands with magnificent thighs, and we've got a party!

Nosaj

Of course....I should have said.. except those chaps who wear pink shirts....

I was actually thinking that as it is (or should be) Summer I may wear my replica Giro winners Pink shirt. Is this bad?

I will of course strike up a conversation with: whom, who or what ever is riding next to me and for that please accept my apologies in advance.

I seem to have fallen off the list as well? see post #4 and original (edited) list in post #1.

Confirmation of new blog stuff, mobile no. etc e-mailed to you when I booked for Felpham... presumably you don't need it for each individual ride?

Top Bottom