FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Whitstable 11th November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wobblers

Euthermic
I have a spare... would this suit??
whistling.gif

[attachment=6101:HobHaloween.bmp]

Oh Davy.... !

That's just wrong on so many levels! (I just hope that was kebab sauce running down your chin, the alternatives... no, I'm going to Stop that though right there)

And MacB! Encouraging him like that! For shame! You owe us reparations for that! I'm afraid the time has come to insist that you stop pissing around with hub gears, eccentric bottom brackets[1], sliding dropouts and what have you and just Ride a ******* Bike. (TC has a sticker for that!) Don't worry, we've not forgotten, it's still your round.

[1] It's not what you think, Fnar!

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Oh Davy.... !

That's just wrong on so many levels! (I just hope that was kebab sauce running down your chin, the alternatives... no, I'm going to Stop that though right there)

And MacB! Encouraging him like that! For shame! You owe us reparations for that! I'm afraid the time has come to insist that you stop pissing around with hub gears, eccentric bottom brackets[1], sliding dropouts and what have you and just Ride a ******* Bike. (TC has a sticker for that!) Don't worry, we've not forgotten, it's still your round.

[1] It's not what you think, Fnar!

Apologies I never knew he'd go so far :ohmy:

Yep, I do get the stop pissing about message - and I have noted and read all the sly digs on here from my 'buddies', my little black book is growing into a series of books - expect me in March time :whistle:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Apologies I never knew he'd go so far :ohmy:

Yep, I do get the stop pissing about message - and I have noted and read all the sly digs on here from my 'buddies', my little black book is growing into a series of books - expect me in March time :whistle:
Mister Mac....Southend is the most gentle of rides - and economical too, because there is no bar at the destination. Why wait until March?

TimO

Guru
Get TimO tested! While we were turning left, left and left at the Monument, down (note) by the river (note), Tim's GPS was at 108 feet above sea level! Has he been sniffing those laser beams??????

http://www.gpsies.co...fdxljjvyurpsviu

It's not the GPS, most mapping websites derive the altitude from the altitude value on a surface which is often interpolated from relatively poor resolution data. There could even be an error caused by the model possibly averaging and interpolating the data including the height of Monument ! (if it's derived from something measured empirically).

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
It's not the GPS, most mapping websites derive the altitude from the altitude value on a surface which is often interpolated from relatively poor resolution data. There could even be an error caused by the model possibly averaging and interpolating the data including the height of Monument ! (if it's derived from something measured empirically).
tch! Silly me! I'll put that burst of speed down to the colour of the bike, then!

'Red Bull'

TimO

Guru
Don't be silly red bikes are always faster. You'll be telling me you don't believe in the Puncture Fairy or n+1 next. <fx: hides from Adrian>

Top Bottom