FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Whitstable 5th October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickedem

Guru
Tim - apologies. I've left three messages with Kieran and I've had no response - although I know he's been at work. When do you need to know about the church hall?
I've sent you an email.

Adam B
Adrian C
Alexandra Y
Amy C
Andrew F
Andrij B
Cathy C
Chris B
Chris By
Christine K
Claire J
Claudine C
David H
Davy S
Eddie C
Edmar G
Els V
Gordon P
Grahame D
Jenny M
Kai N
Kim W
Mark P
Martin T
Mick D
Miranda S
Nick L
Olaf S
Rebecca O-B
Selena M
Sonia W
Steve R
Stuart A
Stuart G
Susie F
Titus H
Xi C

Damn: busted for being DH+:angry:

But wait... David H is actually my lost twin: I am really Aardvark H and demand to be reinstated :cry:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Adam B
Adrian C
Alberto S
Alexandra Y
Amy C
Andrew F
Andrij B
Cathy C
Chris B
Chris By
Christine K
Claire J
Claudine C
David H
Davy S
Eddie C
Edmar G
Els V
Gordon P
Grahame D
Holly McL
Jenny M
User10571 B
Kai N
Kim W
Lucy B
Mark P
Martin T
Mick D
Miranda S
Nick L
Olaf S
Rebecca O-B
Sandra S
Selena M
Sonia W
Steve R
Stuart A
Stuart G
Susie F
Tim D
Titus H
Xi C

martint235

Dog on a bike
2066665 said:
Having bailed out of the end of Brighton, I think I shall probably have a beer or two after this one.
Has Brighton slid into the sea after all? You not joining, agent hilda leaving early, the portents are bleak

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Adam B
Adrian C
Alberto S
Alexandra Y
Amy C
Andrew By
Andrew F
Andrij B
Cathy C
Chris B
Chris By
Christine K
Claudine C
Dan B
Dave J
David C
David H
Davy S
Eddie C
Edmar G
Gordon P
Grahame D
Ingrid B
Jenny M
User10571 B
Kai N
Kim W
Kristjan K
Lucy B
Malcolm D
Mark N
Mark P
Martin T
Mary L
Matthew W
Michael A
Mick D
Miranda S
Nick L
Nigel Tamplin
Olaf S
Rebecca O-B
Sandra S
Selena M
Sonia W
Steve R
Stuart A
Stuart G
Susie F
Tim D
Tim W
Titus H
Xi C

Trickedem

Guru
I hope everyone is looking forward to the ride. I wanted to give you an update on the refreshment stop. I am assured that various helpful locals are baking cakes as I type, and Mrs Trickedem is visiting the cash and carry to buy various supplies.

The last time we did the refreshments, we raised money to have the floor refurbished and it is now looking very good. Unfortunately, various assorted cleated shoes tramping over it probably won't be a good idea, so we will be asking you to remove your shoes at the door.

There was a also a bit of delay in the payment, so we will have two people collecting moneys. You can also help by getting your money to hand whilst waiting in the queue, easier said than done of course, when you are half asleep and your hands are cold, but do what you can.

There will also be a selection of condiments to put on your rolls and these will be situated on the stage. Again, it is hoped that this will speed up the serving, so you can get sat down as quickly as possible.

There will be a track pump available somewhere, but I don't believe this should be needed due to the superb TEC team.

Any money raised will be going towards the maintenance of the hall and to the newly founded charity that are based there during the week.
www.stepandlearn.org.uk
I will be on the ride myself and it hope it soon becomes apparent that the success of the stop last time was nothing to do with me, but rather down to the efforts of my wonderful wife and her team of volunteers. See you all on Friday.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Nice one Tim!

I hope everyone is looking forward to the ride. I wanted to give you an update on the refreshment stop. I am assured that various helpful locals are baking cakes as I type, and Mrs Trickedem is visiting the cash and carry to buy various supplies.

The last time we did the refreshments, we raised money to have the floor refurbished and it is now looking very good. Unfortunately, various assorted cleated shoes tramping over it probably won't be a good idea, so we will be asking you to remove your shoes at the door.

There was a also a bit of delay in the payment, so we will have two people collecting moneys. You can also help by getting your money to hand whilst waiting in the queue, easier said than done of course, when you are half asleep and your hands are cold, but do what you can.

There will also be a selection of condiments to put on your rolls and these will be situated on the stage. Again, it is hoped that this will speed up the serving, so you can get sat down as quickly as possible.

There will be a track pump available somewhere, but I don't believe this should be needed due to the superb TEC team.

Any money raised will be going towards the maintenance of the hall and to the newly founded charity that are based there during the week.
www.stepandlearn.org.uk
I will be on the ride myself and it hope it soon becomes apparent that the success of the stop last time was nothing to do with me, but rather down to the efforts of my wonderful wife and her team of volunteers. See you all on Friday.

All sounds splendid.:smile:

Is it a flat rate or pay or per item, and do you already know how much? I ask only as it would further save time to have the necessary pre-packed in a jersey pocket and save all that, err, cold fumbling :blush:

Trickedem

Guru
All sounds splendid.:smile:

Is it a flat rate or pay or per item, and do you already know how much? I ask only as it would further save time to have the necessary pre-packed in a jersey pocket and save all that, err, cold fumbling :blush:

This has been the subject of long discussions between myself and the organiser of the refreshments. I am sure similar discussions take place with the owners of holiday resorts as they consider the pros and cons of becoming 'all inclusive' The following has now been agreed. Every item for sale will be a multiple of 50p, ie: 50p, £1 or £1.50. There will be plenty of change available as well and hopefully this will keep things simple and won't penalise anyone who simply wants a hot drink.

This has been the subject of long discussions between myself and the organiser of the refreshments. I am sure similar discussions take place with the owners of holiday resorts as they consider the pros and cons of becoming 'all inclusive' The following has now been agreed. Every item for sale will be a multiple of 50p, ie: 50p, £1 or £1.50. There will be plenty of change available as well and hopefully this will keep things simple and won't penalise anyone who simply wants a hot drink.

many thanks:thumbsup:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Adrian C
Alberto S
Alexandra Y
Amy C
Andrew F
Andrij B
Cathy C
Chris B
Chris By
Claudine C
Dan B
Dave J
David H
Eddie C
Ekene A
Gordon P
Grahame D
Ingrid B
Jenny M
John K
Jonathan L
Kim W
Kristjan K
Lucy B
Malcolm D
Marcus C
Mark N
Martin T
Michael A
Mick D
Miranda S
Nick L
Nigel T
Olaf S
Sandra S
Sonia W
Steve R
Stuart A
Stuart G
Tim D
Xi C

forecast turning nasty.............

U

User482

The forecast seems to change by the hour. I have a waterproof and a hip flask...

Top Bottom