FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast York to Cleethorpes 18th June 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
dellzeqq said:
it looks like plan B..........

I'm planning to go easy on the beer this afternoon, so happy to do a quick spin out that way if it would be useful. It is flat, isn't it? I'm on hill strike after the Alnwick/Rothbury/Stanhope sections... ;)

PS My little green light is about to go out. Text me...

clivedb

Guru
mistral said:
I'm getting in to York at 10pm ish, and would like to hang out with some CCers - I see some will be in the Rook & Gaskill & the Victoria(Vaults?) has been mentioned too.

Are there any other pubs people are planning to be in?

Hi Mick

There's been no clear response to the various queries, so I think we'll head for the Rook and Gaskill when we get to York. I've got Martin's mob so I'll txt at some point.
Clive

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Origamist said:
Yes, I'm still up for this, (if you can be bothered to drive to Cleethorpes on Friday!).

If not, I'll be cycling back to York where I intend to get drunk.

Origamist - this was going to be a PM, but your box is full...

I suspect it's too late (a) for you to read this and (:tongue: for me to get my van to Cleethorpes and me back to York tonight. Sorry. Been very busy and away from home with work, and only just got back to thinking about this.

I will have to either scrounge a lift from someone else, take my chances with the trains (I'll be taking a Moulton, so I can pack it into its bags and pretend it's not a bike if there are bolshy staff), or ride back myself. Or maybe ride back to Hull and get a train from there.

See you all tonight!

Phil

ianrauk said:
As someone who has experienced the delights of CrinklyLions cake...you lot are in for a very nice treat.

Very kind of you to say so sir.... although that does make me wonder, do I sound like a cake floozy?

Well, I finally finished work (2 hours later that I'd hoped) and have eaten my lunch and am off for a snoooozzzzzze. See you all later!

mistral

Guru
clivedb said:
Hi Mick

There's been no clear response to the various queries, so I think we'll head for the Rook and Gaskill when we get to York. I've got Martin's mob so I'll txt at some point.
Clive

Clive, sounds like a plan, looking forward to seeing everyone & to the ride

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Flying Dodo is going out to recce the bridge, and I'm stuffing carbs. We're good to go. Blockend - call me on 07776 210 731

Sig SilverPrinter

clivedb said:
Hi Mick

Clive
Do pubs serve coffee?

I got very pi$$ed last night at an opening of an exhibition I printed at the guardian building kings x [free to have a look if anyones up that way]
I made the most of the free alcohol and have been paying for it all day:sad:

See you all later

I also have cake:hungry:

I have a use for a missile shaped cake! Some tosser in the pub opposite where I live has found himself in possesion of a 'vuvudellzeqq' - and has been blowing the effing thing for about an hour now...:cry: I'd like to see his performance with a flared tube stuffed with moist morsels!
All good fun and he'll be the one to burst a blood vessel I suppose. :smile:
No sleep is the order of the day/night/.:rain: :laugh:

longers

Legendary Member
Sig SilverPrinter said:
Do pubs serve coffee?

I've been told the Rook and Wotsit do and also the Victoria place.

Afternoon naps = weird dreams. Should do it more often. No Vuvuzelas here.

Andrij

Über Member
Please shoot me.

Just took another look at my tickets... and they're for tomorrow! Tickets now are beyond my budget for a night ride. I'm gutted. :ohmy:

I've spoken with dell, but I'd be grateful if someone could pass along a 'hello' and apologies to User10119 - I had promised to introduce myself this evening.

Have fun folks.

MSeries

I forgot to have a snooze this afternoon, got distracted by the football on TV. Packed my 'keep me awake' drugs anyway. Hope I don't fall asleep on the train and end up in Newcastle - a lyrca night in the Bigg Market ?

Top Bottom