FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast York to Cleethorpes 18th June 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've only just got back from a trip to York, but sadly I wasn't able to take my bike, so no ride report from me.

Anyway, seeing as I bought my tickets several weeks ago, add me to the list as well please.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Oh yeah, I'm up for this and I may even be gradually graduating from noob to experienced these days:biggrin: But the certain bit is I will have tools, spares and can generally assist with carrying cake:ohmy:

I was trying to plan a week long cycle there and cycle back trip but it looks like other things are going to get in the way. So it's probably going to be the car now:blush:

Tim Hall

Dunno if I'm around for this one...

A couple of things:

I was in Thurrock services during the week. They've now got two coffee emporia, Costa and EFC. Whether they have staff for both at early o'clock I've no idea.

I'd say that if the American accented derailleur lady is this one, she's Canadian.

IMGP2235.JPG

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Susie and I took her on a seaside pootle to Worthing prior to the ride, (we had to raise her saddle by a way, but otherwise the bike looked pretty good), and she told us she was from New York. She's been here seven years, though, so the accent has clearly changed.

She works for Brighton Council's transport planning department.

We went to J31 yesterday. Costa isn't open 24 hours, but the other coffee place is, and the service station does coffee 24 hours.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Mike E heads the list.
Sig E
John E
Stu A
Andrij B
Mick D
Davy S
Marilyn B
Clive B
Adam B
Martin F
Alastair MacD
Luke C
Claudine C
Eddie C
Adrian C

which, I think, puts us in very good shape. Thanks one and all!

redjedi

Über Member
I can't possibly miss out on this jaunt oop north, so I'm in please.

I'll volunteer my services for way marker or Tec duties.

TimO

Guru
Well, I would have done this ride, but the cheapest it was going to cost me was over £50, and that wouldn't have even have been for very convenient train times.

Also, for some odd reason, there seem to be very few trains with available bicycle reservations. How surprising!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
TimO said:
Well, I would have done this ride, but the cheapest it was going to cost me was over £50, and that wouldn't have even have been for very convenient train times.

Also, for some odd reason, there seem to be very few trains with available bicycle reservations. How surprising!

£50? Bargain! Wish I could have got mine that cheap....
Few cycle reservations available? Surprising indeed...

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
TimO said:

Worth asking around see if anyone's driving up and can accomodate an extra. I've already filled my car but there must be others taking the motorised option.

Top Bottom