FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast York to Cleethorpes 18th June 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
AdrianC said:
I'd make it both to be on the safe side if I were you.

belt and braces approach, I like it, you've obviously had dealings with your type before

TimO

Guru
I could have driven up myself, but I didn't really want to be knackered from driving for hours when I did the ride. I would have then had to get a train back to York (which was also surprisingly expensive) and drive back to London whilst trying not to fall asleep.

Much as I like doing the FNRttC, and this ride looked like it could be a classic, it didn't seem worth the cost and knackeredness. I'll let you lot sort out the wrinkles in the idea, and maybe do it next time!

Instead, I'm going to do Wowbagger's Solstice WARTY on Saturday/Sunday. That was great fun last year.

Have fun with this FNRttC, and I'm sure I'll see you all on the Bognor Regis ride, excepting those inhabitants of the North, who it'll be sad to miss. :ohmy:

longers

Legendary Member
Done, thanks Adrian. Just need the nod, and someone not to do anything stupid at work like get more work in and I'm almost there.

I rode from York to Brigg last August. Not a bad ride, and with the tailwind, very easy. South of Brigg it gets a bit hilly.

Crossing the Humber Bridge was an experience.

DSC04269.JPG

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Great pic!

I rode over the bridge twice in early March and it is indeed an experience - I have no photographic evidence as my camera battery died just as I got there although Gerry Attrick, of this parish, can confirm my being in the area with a bicycle at the time as he fed me tea and scones! ;)

Wowbagger said:
I rode from York to Brigg last August. Not a bad ride, and with the tailwind, very easy. South of Brigg it gets a bit hilly.

Crossing the Humber Bridge was an experience.

DSC04269.JPG

Shaun

Founder
I've always fancied joining you all on a night ride, but they've always been so bloody far away. This one I can do.

What do I need to do to register?

Cheers,
Shaun :laugh:

HelenD123

Guru
Hi everyone. I've tried to smooth your way and reported some potholes on the A1079 but came back that way today and unfortunately they haven't been fixed yet. Keep your eyes peeled around Barmby Moor.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I think we'll probably cut down toward Melbourne, and return to the 1079 just west of Market Weighton. Thanks for the tip.

Are you thinking of going through Elvington and Sutton on Derwent? I'm plotting a different route to Granny's house for my eldest and me next weekend, and could go that way if it would be helpful to get a heads-up on that stretch of road...

TimO

Guru
Admin said:
I've always fancied joining you all on a night ride, but they've always been so bloody far away. This one I can do.

What do I need to do to register?

Generally to register interest you either post on the relevant thread (if you're already a "known" FNRttCer), or email details to Simon/dellzeqq on fnrttc@yahoo.co.uk (iirc details that need to be sent are: Real Name, if a member of the CTC then CTC membership number, and mobile phone number).

I don't think Simon is actually taking signs of interest from non-regulars yet, he's just trying to get an idea of how many people he'll have who can TEC and/or way-post, so he knows what sort of numbers of other riders can be supported.

Generally the floodgates are opened once the preceding FNRttC has been completed, which will be the 28th May 2010 ride to Whitstable.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
actually, in a fit of sucking-up that borders on arse-licking, I have gone out of my way to invite Shaun. Out of curiosity, mind. And don't try and tell me that you're not curious as well.

Will his bike have complete internet capability? Will it glow in the dark every time Patrick Stevens starts a thread? Will he have four satnav systems? Damn, I need to know!!!!!!!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
User10119 said:
Are you thinking of going through Elvington and Sutton on Derwent? I'm plotting a different route to Granny's house for my eldest and me next weekend, and could go that way if it would be helpful to get a heads-up on that stretch of road...
yes - but, honestly, don't go out of your way. When we recce the ride on May 8th/9th we'll be much more interested in planning out what we do at junctions, and working out where we have to signpost. There's a risk assessment to do, which is why it's quite a tedious process in some ways. I'll probably have to do the ride at least once more before June 18th to check out options and get it fixed in my mind.

Top Bottom