FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast York to Cleethorpes 18th June 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
This thing definitely on the 18th? I thought it was on the 4th (I know what it says in the title!).

MSeries

Simon,
I have sent you an email regarding this, so far no response. I'd like to come if you'll have me. Up thread I offered to help, please let me know.

M

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I've just checked, and I don't have anything from you (unless I've simply not tied a name with a name if you see what I mean). I've also just sent out a general e-mail to the 'Northern Alliance' so if you haven't got anything from me then we're definitely not talking! Could you try fnrttc@yahoo.co.uk again or give me a call on 07776 210 731?

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Mike E
Sig E
John E
Stuart A
Andrij B
Mick D
Davy S
Marilyn B
Clive B
Adam B
Martin F
Alastair MacD
Luke C
Claudine C
Eddie C
Adrian C
Katsura I
Kim W
Mark L
Luke S
Laurence D
Ed K
John W
Simon R
Chris C
Tim C
Vernon L
Paul S
Danny G
Marcus C
Martin N
Mike - I think Adam is coming. Could you ask him to get in touch?
Landslide
Shaun?
Matthew C
Paul P

TimO

Guru
This sounds like it's going to be a fine ride. The idea of being in the countryside so fast is very appealing. Last year when I did the Solstice WARTY, we were outside of Glastonbury and onto dark roads within a few minutes, and it's really odd after getting used to taking an hour or two to get outside of London and into the dark with a FNRttC !

I'm a bit disappointed that I'll be missing this one, if you do it again in future years I'll have to make sure I hunt down tickets earlier, or work out a different approach to get there.

TimO

Guru
I've already committed myself to doing the Solstice WARTY again this year, on the night following this ride, so I'll get my dose of overnight cycling anyway!

The Solstice ride is good fun, and if we can do it, we'll cycle across Salisbury plain again, hopefully not dodging tanks quite as much this year!

Since we won't have any halfway stop or breakfast, we'll carry all our own food, which means my panniers will be even more packed than normal. ;)

I'm sure you'll be having as much fun on the York-Cleethorpes run.

Solstice is on the Monday, non?
Only ask that because I did it last year and had a bit of a text exchange with Ally MacB who declared that he was bonking at 9am.

TimO

Guru
Aperitif said:
Solstice is on the Monday, non?
Only ask that because I did it last year and had a bit of a text exchange with Ally MacB who declared that he was bonking at 9am.

I'm not exactly sure when the actual Solstice is, but we're doing the ride on Saturday. I did sightly break MacB last year, when he lifted my bike & panniers over a gate!

small.php?file=sleepyhead.jpg
(Photo courtesy of LEE).

;)

Al looks relaxed, Tim! :tired:
72aeyq.jpg

I was only suggesting a sprint back to Farnborough or somewhere to get breakfast...something like that! :wacko:

hulver

Fat bloke on a bike
dellzeqq said:
not quite. It rises and falls gently, and there are a few little ups that rise 15 or 20 metres or so, but there's nothing as tough as Bread and Cheese, or even that little bit outside Fobbing, and the centre of the Bridge is probably the high point of the ride.

People are big on garden hedges in East Lincs, and you can see why. The downside of it being flat is that when it blows, it blows

List will open later today - hulver, if you send me an e-mail on fnrrtc@yahoo.co.uk I'll send you the guide.

Simon

Email sent using my real name, which is Matthew C.

Looking forward to it.

mike e

A recce took place.
Some "extra bits" were cut short - time and simplicity.
Highlights - pub at start, one in the middle and one at the end.
Oh, and that bridge...
Forgot to add, breakfast was the business, no comment on halfway cafe - it was shut...:angry:

Top Bottom