FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast York to Cleethorpes 18th June 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
craigwend said:
You'll need a better light than the one the other night! :smile:

images.jpg

I know ... I felt very inadequate ... :biggrin:

I have some birthday money left over from last year. I think I know what to spend it on now. :biggrin:

Cheers,
Shaun :wacko:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Mike E
Sig E
John E
Stuart A
Andrij B
Mick D
Marilyn B
Clive B
Adam B
Martin F
Alastair MacD
Luke C
Claudine C
Eddie C
Adrian C
Katsura I
Kim W
Mark L
Luke S
Laurence D
Ed K
John W
Simon R
Chris C
Tim C
Vernon L
Paul S
Danny G
Marcus C
Martin N
Mike - I think Adam is coming. Could you ask him to get in touch?
Landslide
Shaun H
Matthew C
Paul P
Andy D

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Phil - when did you last e-mail me? I can't find your answer to my e-mail of 17th April. If you've sent something since, could you give me the date?

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
good news

Mike has, as you know, sorted the halfway stop just before the bridge - it's called Mrs B's. I've spoken to them and they're really up for it. They're suggesting a menu of jacket potatos and cake.

And we're booked in to the Melbourne Arms at (you guessed) Melbourne for a quick cup of coffee. The way it will work is this - once past the huge roundabout on the outskirts of York the front of the ride will zip to Melbourne for coffee and I'll head back to the tail of the ride to relieve that Wayfinders and, eventually, the TECs - so that the riders at the back get a short break.

We'll all set off together for Scamland. I'll restrict the speed of the front of the ride and we'll re-assemble for the left/right on the A614

There are some really nice villages en route to Barton and while the front will be hanging about a bit, stopping will have its compensations.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
dellzeqq said:
Phil - when did you last e-mail me? I can't find your answer to my e-mail of 17th April. If you've sent something since, could you give me the date?
The email from you on April 17th was the brochure attachment (cheers)... and you asked me to wait until May 8th to contact you as you didn't want to start a new spreadsheet just yet.

On May 9th you PMd me via this board (I assumed as I had expressed interest in the thread and said I'd already bought my tickets) trying to match my username to real name, I replied on May 10th (via the board).

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
dellzeqq said:
good news

Mike has, as you know, sorted the halfway stop just before the bridge - it's called Mrs B's. I've spoken to them and they're really up for it. They're suggesting a menu of jacket potatos and cake.

And we're booked in to the Melbourne Arms at (you guessed) Melbourne for a quick cup of coffee. The way it will work is this - once past the huge roundabout on the outskirts of York the front of the ride will zip to Melbourne for coffee and I'll head back to the tail of the ride to relieve that Wayfinders and, eventually, the TECs - so that the riders at the back get a short break.

We'll all set off together for Scamland. I'll restrict the speed of the front of the ride and we'll re-assemble for the left/right on the A614

There are some really nice villages en route to Barton and while the front will be hanging about a bit, stopping will have its compensations.

Sounds like it's all coming together nicely!

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Well, bad news for me am affraid..

Am 99% sure thats it for me and cycle tours or anything other for the near future, except my daily commute, just..

My right knee's gone.. it went quite drastically on the return from the Southend ride and i've been living in hope since but it's got worse and am now in the arduious rigmoral after seing the Doc this morning of being referred, checked, referred and what not... (I think the track ride Sunday done it more damage than good am afraid which is a shame as I loved it)

To say am upset and depressed is an understate, but life goes on.

So yeh, I can pretty much say I am now out of what will be am sure of a fantastic ride, so good luck one and all, have a brilliant ride.

Oh, not wanting to clog up or hi-jack this thread, please, ta!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Sh4rkyBloke said:
The email from you on April 17th was the brochure attachment (cheers)... and you asked me to wait until May 8th to contact you as you didn't want to start a new spreadsheet just yet.

On May 9th you PMd me via this board (I assumed as I had expressed interest in the thread and said I'd already bought my tickets) trying to match my username to real name, I replied on May 10th (via the board).
cool - all I need is

- your mobile number
- your CTC/BC/AUK number if you have one
- confirmation that you've read and understood 'the basics'

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
StuAff said:
Sounds like it's all coming together nicely!
not all of it - the Bridge people won't let us ride on the carriageway and we'll have to cross via the cycleway (with care, because it's not clever)

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
dellzeqq said:
not all of it - the Bridge people won't let us ride on the carriageway and we'll have to cross via the cycleway (with care, because it's not clever)

Jobsworths....ho hum.

Sorry to hear that Davy, get well soon.

Davywalnuts said:
Well, bad news for me am affraid..

Am 99% sure thats it for me and cycle tours or anything other for the near future, except my daily commute, just..

My right knee's gone.. it went quite drastically on the return from the Southend ride and i've been living in hope since but it's got worse and am now in the arduious rigmoral after seing the Doc this morning of being referred, checked, referred and what not... (I think the track ride Sunday done it more damage than good am afraid which is a shame as I loved it)

To say am upset and depressed is an understate, but life goes on.

So yeh, I can pretty much say I am now out of what will be am sure of a fantastic ride, so good luck one and all, have a brilliant ride.

Oh, not wanting to clog up or hi-jack this thread, please, ta!

Keep the faith Davy - you'll make it. Accentuate the positives about your body xx( and take it easy.
(Personally, myself, I - I think it's the kinky thighs brushing against a zebra stripe bike frame that is rippling the problems kneewards :laugh: ) ;)

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Aperitif said:
Keep the faith Davy - you'll make it. Accentuate the positives about your body :biggrin: and take it easy.
(Personally, myself, I - I think it's the kinky thighs brushing against a zebra stripe bike frame that is rippling the problems kneewards xx( ) ;)

Cheers Stuaff!

teef, ha! You do make me chuckle! :laugh:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
dellzeqq said:
good news

And we're booked in to the Melbourne Arms at (you guessed) Melbourne for a quick cup of coffee.

Excellent work, Gentlemen!

Top Bottom