FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast York to Cleethorpes 18th June 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
nice. And very steady - presumably the camera has some clever anti-wobble thing in it....

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
My first FNRttC and it was great fun.

Excellent company and a really nice way to meet lots of CCers and others in one go!
Well organised thanks to Simon, wayfinders and tecs.
Cake and lots of it - thanks to CrinklyLion.

Coming home, as already mentioned, cable theft between Scunthorpe and Doncaster train stations looked as though it would ruin the return to York plans. theclaud, Origamist, iLB and myself retired to the No2 Refreshment Rooms on Cleethorpes station to ponder the next move. The breakfast regulars there, already well oiled, were in full flow despite the no swearing sign. They seemed like an entertaining crowd for about two minutes after which the thought of them leaving seemed even more entertaining.

En route the track was fixed and the journey back to Doncaster went according to plan. Farewell at York to my fellow travellers and I made my way back to Matlock for the evening. Bath, spag bol, glass of beer, glass of wine and by nine I was off to bed!

To finalise there's good news and bad. The good news is the FNRttc is well worth going on and the bad news is I think I might do another one :smile:

2i1l4d5.jpg

And now to business: MSeries - another Martin - is trying to cadge another cake from the 'cholesterol giver to the masses' AKA CrinklyLion.
I can only say that after a few days in the company of such a temptress, the emphasis would be on 'CrinklyLoins'...as the waistline expanded expotentially - due to a surefit of cake! :smile:

MSeries

Great ride, thanks so much to everyone who had a part in organising it and to everyone else who rode it. A year or so ago I nearly attended a London FNRttC, by getting a late train to London then riding directly to the start. I think I'll look into doing it a again.

Mr Bunbury

Thanks Simon and everyone else, that was a fantastic ride. Photos are here

Thanks everyone for a great ride. It was nice to have almost traffic free roads right from the start and it wasn't long before we were out of the city. The highlight for me was the view of the bridge as we approached from the offroad track.
Very nice selection of pics and great video. After breakfast i headed back to the bridge and turned right to Hull for the 15:06 back darn sarfe, the wind that helped us along to the coast hadn't eased at all and going across the bridge was tough. After lunch at mrs B's i found the station and slept most of the way back to stevenage. Arrived home at 8pm after going to feed Red..

mistral

Guru
Another great ride, organisation, route, weather & company, perfect.

I also headed to Lincoln for a train just before 3pm, zig-zagged through the undulating wolds, in the end clocked up 200km for the night/day.

To finish off I had a mad dash across London from Kings Cross to get my train home from Waterloo, I was careful to take off my CTC cap before jumping a red light and wrong waying down a one way street or two!

Top Bottom