Friday riding?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Did anybody else notice a real lack of riders in their town today...I get the feeling that many of the new riders who are encouraged by the warm longer days, are taking fridays off.

I assume this has much to do with the fact that many people go out for a drink on a friday night after work and riding home after a few jars is always going to be tricky.

It felt pretty deserted...I actually missed the crowds

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Or Friday legs. Oooh I'm hurting today, hope to get in a couple of naps since it's my day off. I'll need them in order to recover enough for a hard day at work planned tomorrow.

NigC

Fridays are always much quieter. Before I started walking/cycling, I would look forward to the Friday drive as it was nearly always traffic free. I guess a lot of people take Fridays off for a long weekend.

Anyway, I walked today and leaving at 6:00am I only ever see the occassional jogger or suited businessman on the way the the station.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Friday is the day that I get up 1/2hr earlier, and cycle in along the roads rather than through the park. So all my usual "buddies" don't see me.
Why? Big fat full English breakfast in the canteen. Cholesteroltastic!!

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
tbh I saw more cyclists on the way in today than i've seen in a long time, including, for the first time ever, not 1 but 3 female cyclists! Two on BSO's and one on a lovely WSD Trek and was very cute too, almost caused my own smidsy! haha

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Davywalnuts said:
tbh I saw more cyclists on the way in today than i've seen in a long time, including, for the first time ever, not 1 but 3 female cyclists! Two on BSO's and one on a lovely WSD Trek and was very cute too, almost caused my own smidsy! haha

the WSD Trek is a very cute bike

Mike!

Guru
As a new cyclist my muscles are tired so came by Bus today!

Going to gradually build up to cycling probably 3 or 4 times a week but not overdo it!

potsy

Rambler
I don't see many others at 5 in the morning maybe 1 or 2,although I have seen a new one recently-well I actually hear him before I see him,no lights and the most horrendous sounding bike I've ever heard!! Constant sqealing/grinding noise with every revolution-must be awful to ride like that.
Have had a couple of quick 'chats' on the way home too,must be the sun bringing the best out of people:smile:

D

Deleted member 1258

BentMikey said:
Or Friday legs. Oooh I'm hurting today, hope to get in a couple of naps since it's my day off. I'll need them in order to recover enough for a hard day at work planned tomorrow.

I don't see many cyclists all week, this morning looked about the same as the rest of the week. Like BentMikey I had Friday legs today, half twelve finish on a Friday and I had to resist the urge to get changed when I got home and head out for an afternoon ride.

Top Bottom