Friday the 13th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Anyone had any bad luck today? I've had some. I set off to work around 11.30,half a mile from home i heard a mighty rumble then a crash! I'd put my ladders on top of the car but not fastened them on. They slipped off,then somehow they've hit the rear screen and smashed it. Glass all over the road,ladders in the middle of the busy road but it could've been worse. I hate to think if they'd have hit another car with all these expensive claims going in how much i'd be stung for! Even worse if the ladders had hit a pedestrian! :ohmy:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I forgot it was Friday the 13th, as they say so far so good

Brandane

Legendary Member
Got up at 4.15 :ohmy: to go to work. First thing I did was pick up my electric razor which I promptly dropped on the floor, breaking one of the three shaving heads.

I did think at that point that I was in for a bad day, but - so far - I have managed to drive a lorry load of pipes to Aberdeen, unloaded them, got back to the Glasgow base, and driven home unscathed. :smile:
That's better than a normal day, now that I think about it! :wacko:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
How about this for bad luck? Out working today i played one of my games to keep my mind active. I say to myself count down the road and the 15th car you pass will be yours for free. I counted and then i got closer and closer thinking "that nearly new Audi convertible i can see,it must be the 15th car"? No it wasn't. Hidden just before it was the 15th car. A 17 year old Rover with more rust than metal with both wing mirrors taped up and near bald tyres!:laugh:

andyfraser

Über Member
So far today:

5 bad drivers (more than usual).

Hit pothole and put my front wheel out a bit. Tried to get the wheel straightened. One shop would do it but their mechanic was on holiday. Two other shops could squeeze me in next week. No good, I need the bike for Monday!

Went to Asda and struggled to lock my bike to the stupid racks there and got filthy in the process.

Got home to find OH still hasn't chained her bike up and it's blown over. Had to move it to get to the shed and slipped on the metal manhole cover.

Sharky

Guru
Anyone had any bad luck today? I've had some. I set off to work around 11.30,half a mile from home i heard a mighty rumble then a crash! I'd put my ladders on top of the car but not fastened them on. They slipped off,then somehow they've hit the rear screen and smashed it. Glass all over the road,ladders in the middle of the busy road but it could've been worse. I hate to think if they'd have hit another car with all these expensive claims going in how much i'd be stung for! Even worse if the ladders had hit a pedestrian! :ohmy:

Just unlucky to drive under a ladder.
Good job you didn't hit a black cat at the same time.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Nothing untoward here but then again I don't believe in all of that stuff :laugh:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Somewhere about 5am, Hubster grabbed my hand, in his sleep, and bent my wrist forward. Not a disaster in the grand scheme of things but it was the right wrist, the one that doesn't bend. I've had packs of peas on and off it most of the day. It made riding tricky and guitar practice really interesting. I don't know if it's a friday the 13th thing or just a klutzy husband thing (It's the latter)

Ganymede

Veteran
I don't believe in all that stuff but, coincidentally, I just found out today that my physiotherapy hasn't worked and I have to have an operation on my hurty shoulder. :cry:

Top Bottom