Friends Frame Woes.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve23

my mate has a Specialized Tarmac (i do too!) from 2006, the red and white one.
hes only had it 18 months, and has done a lot of miles on it, but nothing mega, 7 or 8 K at the very very most!!!
anyway, there are one or two little "cracks" appearing in one or two places, most of all at the top of the rear seat-stays, at the top near the seat-tube.

if you run your finger over them, you cant feel them, so the paint doesnt seem to have cracked, and it cant be a scratch as their are two similar lines on each side.

now, we bought the bikes online (from Evans Cycles) but live near a Specialized Concept Store. He's thinking of taking it to the Concept Store to see what they think.
BUT, if the frame is deemed scrap, who does he contact? Specialized or Evans?

any info or thoughts would be great, thanks!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Evans first - but might be worth a trip to the Spesh dealer for a check over !

OP
OP
S

steve23

cheers for that, thing is we dont live near an Evans dealer!

should he just ring them up!?

im cacking it now that my frames gonna go!

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Specialized have a lifetime warranty on the frames now... I'm unsure exactly what year this came into effect though.

Evans first (although they'll probably say it's out of their warranty period), Spesh boys second.

Hope you get it sorted!

gavintc

Guru
This happened to me with my Bianchi after I hit a big hole. A slight crack around the junction of seat tube, top tube and seat post. The shop were excellent, checked it out and reckoned the cracks were sufficient to get a replacement on warranty but not dangerous. I was asked to monitor it on a weekly basis and come back if it got worse. The reason we delayed was to ensure that Bianchi had retooled for the next year's model. I effectively got an upgrade.

So, get yourself to Evans. I bought a frame not a complete bike so it was my cost to rebuild the bike. You should get a one for one. Check out if the Specialized warranty has a time limit.

Top Bottom