Frog kids bikes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The tadpole looks like a rebranded ridgeback and Zooom. Which would tell me that the others may be also.

400bhp

Guru
I think 400bhp was going to look at those at the Bike Show thing.

I did have a look at their website and was going to go and see them at the bike show. I won't be buying one because (a) they are 1kg heavier than their Islabike counterpart (at least the one I was looking at), (b) they are just £15 cheaper than the Islabike equivalent, (c) their website is possibly a little misleading when it says they deliver to a LBS for free (this implies it is ANY lbs but clearly that can't be correct) and (d) after emailing them and inquiring about the bike show then weren't going to turn up with any bikes you could buy and take away there and then, and they weren't offfering any discounts at the show.

They are nice looking bikes and have clearly copied the Islabike model and mantra.

FrogBikes

Hi - this is Frog Bikes here.
In answer to one of your specific questions, we do aim to deliver bikes to any local bike shop you choose. We pay the shops a fee for receiving the bike and offering a free 6-week service to the customer. Bike shops are very happy to do this for us, and it's often more convenient for customers than having to wait in for a delivery, and doing a bit of assembly themselves.
It's all about choice really.
Hope that helps.
Frog

I did have a look at their website and was going to go and see them at the bike show. I won't be buying one because (a) they are 1kg heavier than their Islabike counterpart (at least the one I was looking at), (b) they are just £15 cheaper than the Islabike equivalent, (c) their website is possibly a little misleading when it says they deliver to a LBS for free (this implies it is ANY lbs but clearly that can't be correct) and (d) after emailing them and inquiring about the bike show then weren't going to turn up with any bikes you could buy and take away there and then, and they weren't offfering any discounts at the show.

They are nice looking bikes and have clearly copied the Islabike model and mantra.

But to be fair, when Islabikes are at shows I've been to, they just have a demo range and weren't offering sales or a discount, just a look and try. And a kg isn't much, that still makes them lighter than Kona and Trek in something like a 20"

OP
OP
middleagecyclist

middleagecyclist

Call me MAC
Hi - this is Frog Bikes here.
In answer to one of your specific questions, we do aim to deliver bikes to any local bike shop you choose. We pay the shops a fee for receiving the bike and offering a free 6-week service to the customer. Bike shops are very happy to do this for us, and it's often more convenient for customers than having to wait in for a delivery, and doing a bit of assembly themselves.
It's all about choice really.
Hope that helps.
Frog
This is good to know. Will be deciding on kiddie bike purchase this weekend. Any chance of tyre choice option? Cheers.

FrogBikes

This is good to know. Will be deciding on kiddie bike purchase this weekend. Any chance of tyre choice option? Cheers.
Hello MAC - sorry, this isn't something we offer at the moment. We'd just recommend taking the bike to your local store (or you can have it delivered to your store of course), and they would discuss switching the tyres for you. What size bike are you thinking of, and what tyres would you want ideally??
Frog

400bhp

Guru
But to be fair, when Islabikes are at shows I've been to, they just have a demo range and weren't offering sales or a discount, just a look and try. And a kg isn't much, that still makes them lighter than Kona and Trek in something like a 20"

Fair point yes, but they are established. Frog Bikes aren't.

Thing is, for an extra £15 I can be pretty sure I can flog an Islabkie on Fleabay for 70% ish of its RRP after 2 years use. It's much more unknown with Frog.

But, as an aside, it's great to have some additional choice for children's bikes. and good luck to them :thumbsup:

400bhp

Guru
Bast, Paul - gah. Need a 16 for a 4 y.o. or at a stretch a 14.

I am astonished how much they go for on Fleabay :wacko:

FrogBikes

[QUOTE 2331734, member: 45"]Interesting website, I've never heard of you before (and I think we've been through 6 Islabikes).

Are the frames built to your own design or are they off-the-shelf?[/quote]
Hi - we are very new, hence you won't have heard of us before! Just launched earlier this month. Our frames are our own, and all aluminium. We're using branded componentry (Tektro brakes, Shimano gears).
Have a look at this independent reviewer who tested our bikes last weekend:
http://www.cyclesprog.co.uk/news/frog-bikes-quality-kids-bike/

OP
OP
middleagecyclist

middleagecyclist

Call me MAC
Just ordered a Frog bike for delivery to my LBS and and then on to my 7yr old daughter. Will report on the bike in due course but the order process was smooth as you like and the LBS had no problem making the required arrangements.

hardgrit82

Just ordered a Frog bike for delivery to my LBS and and then on to my 7yr old daughter. Will report on the bike in due course but the order process was smooth as you like and the LBS had no problem making the required arrangements.

@middleagedcyclist

Hw did you get on with your Frog bike?

I am possibly looking to purchase one for my 7 year old daughter

thanks

Top Bottom