From accident to recovery to court...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
thefollen

thefollen

Veteran
With mine i can no longer swim backstroke -my left arm rotates out to the side.!

Do all the pysio recommended exeercises!

Good advice. Uncomfortable as they are you'll recover a lot more efficiently by doing them. Also I found working to the shoulder's limit at the gym very beneficial (started off very light and didn't push too hard). Shrugs especially which were great for posture. Quite a lot of mirror time ensuring everything was symmetrical as possb :tongue: Achieving one pressup was a fantastic feeling!

Indeed shoulders are rather complex- the doc said it'd potentially twinge a bit for two years. First swim after I thought it had healed was a bit of a shock. Very pleased with where it's at now however.

How's the front crawl?

PK99

Legendary Member
Good advice. Uncomfortable as they are you'll recover a lot more efficiently by doing them. Also I found working to the shoulder's limit at the gym very beneficial (started off very light and didn't push too hard). Shrugs especially which were great for posture. Quite a lot of mirror time ensuring everything was symmetrical as possb :tongue: Achieving one pressup was a fantastic feeling!

Indeed shoulders are rather complex- the doc said it'd potentially twinge a bit for two years. First swim after I thought it had healed was a bit of a shock. Very pleased with where it's at now however.

How's the front crawl?
not as bad but still flapping out like a broken wing.

Mrs PK had a minor shoulder fracture skiing 2 years ago (bit of bone pulled off by the tendon, no dislocation. She was with the physio for 18 months!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The criminal case is done and dusted, but I still don't think it's a good idea for the OP to offer the witness money.

No one could reasonably say it's anything more than a well-meaning gesture, but it does send out the wrong signals.

Also, civil proceedings - loss of earnings - are still live.

Nothing wrong with asking the police - or CPS - if they will pass on a simple 'thank you' letter.

I'm not criticising the OP in any way, seems to me he couldn't have taken a more reasonable and positive attitude to the situation.

OP
OP
thefollen

thefollen

Veteran
The criminal case is done and dusted, but I still don't think it's a good idea for the OP to offer the witness money.

No one could reasonably say it's anything more than a well-meaning gesture, but it does send out the wrong signals.

Also, civil proceedings - loss of earnings - are still live.

Nothing wrong with asking the police - or CPS - if they will pass on a simple 'thank you' letter.

I'm not criticising the OP in any way, seems to me he couldn't have taken a more reasonable and positive attitude to the situation.

Its appropriateness is certainly something I've considered. Ultimately I simply wish to say thanks. If I get his details I'll go from there- it wouldn't be a significant sum, just something he could maybe take his family out for a meal with (assuming he has one, otherwise he could always pimp-up the cab a bit).

As I mentioned earlier, without him stepping forward I'd have received nothing and it's unlikely the offending driver would have been found and charged.

It might be that he says 'no way', or the police don't give me the deets. In which case a letter as you suggested can be passed on or I'll shake his hand and say thank you. Either way, I feel a good deed should be rewarded.

Top Bottom