From Paisley, Scotland with respect......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

toroddf

Hi everyone.

It is about time to present myself as is the good manners in this forum...... and let's keep these good manners.

42 years old born Norwegian living & working in Scotland. I have been here since 1996. I am 20 stones heavy. Use a racing bike and triathlon handlebars. I can often be seen around Dumbarton and Lochwinnoch on my bike. I have been touring for the best part of 25 years old from the North Cape in Norway to Eire, Northern Ireland and Scotland. I have a small cycling guides for Scotland at here. I should update that and my touring guide since that touring guide only contains one third of everything I have done. But I do not have enough hours in the day to do everything I want.

The happiest moments in my life has been spent on a cycle somewhere. Which makes me a narcissist. But I stick to myself and that is why I am so late onto the cycle chat scene.

I have done a lot of long tours in Northern Ireland and Scotland. Maybe it is time to pick some favorites....... Yes !

Northern Ireland: The Antrim coast from Larne to Bushmills and then the truly incredible B94 back again to Belfast. 180 km of the best of Northern Ireland.... and the British Isles.

The hardest and most enjoyable tour in Scotland, sub 100 km: Arran circuit, clockwise. The south coast is incredible hard. Excellent views. Arran is an incredible island, full stop.

The hardest and most enjoyable tour in Scotland, sub 150 km: Milngavie to Aberfoyle, the Dukes over to Callander, the hill over to Thornhill and over the flat plains to Kippen, over Fintry to Lennoxtown and back to Milngavie.

The forgotten jewel of Scotland: The east and west side of Kintyre to Campbeltown. The east side is extreme hard. The west side truly incredible with the views over to Ireland, Islay and Paps Of Jura.

My plans for this year: A 660 miles tour around the Western Isles from Barra to Port Nis with return over Gairloch and Applecross with the highest road in the UK.
I would also love to do Isle Of Mull again. The northern loop is just fantastic.

Plans for next year: The Donegal circuit.

I guess that's me. I think I know both Northern Ireland and Scotland well enough to be of help to anyone here. I hope to be active here with good info and to get some more info from you about Western Isles and other places I would love to do.

bauldbairn

Hello toroddf and Welcome to CC. ;)

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Hello, I have the misfortune of living in Dumbarton so I no doubt have seen you before whizzing past me whilst one of the dogs takes me for a walk.
If I'm out with Cindy then I wont be too difficult to spot seeing as she's a very friendly, small black 3 legged Staffie (although I'm more likely to be seen with our other elderly 4 legged, tan, cross breed as the 3 legged wonder lives with my sister usually).

OP
OP
T

toroddf

Thanx. I am the ugly fat one with the yellow helmet, white Raleigh racing bike and the triathlon handlebars. The one they says escaped from the local Zoo/mental hospital.

....... but don't tell the police.

OP
OP
T

toroddf

Coco said:
Ssshhhh! Don't tell them about the secret Renfrewshire training grounds :angry:

And welcome.

Don't you worry. I am not going to tell them about the Kilmacolm to Lochwinnoch road. One of the most delightful roads in this area. This will stay a secret though. Nobody in CycleChat will know. Honestly.

killiekosmos

Veteran
toroddf said:
Thanx. I am the ugly fat one with the yellow helmet, white Raleigh racing bike and the triathlon handlebars. The one they says escaped from the local Zoo/mental hospital.

....... but don't tell the police.

Whenever someone escapes from the state mental hospital in Carstairs, Police throw a cordon round Kilwinning. Apparently, if the escapee got in to Kilwinning they would never be traced.

Top Bottom