Front carbonwheel scrathes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CyclingStone

My gearing didn't work and I got a stressful call so I had to go back and then the wheel scratched towards concreate, it was standing up but managed to drag it towards the concreate.....
The biggest scratch is the one I am focusing on but there are a few of them....

It's Primes 50 carbonwheel
Thanks for input.

Attachments

• IMG_20211016_162541567_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211016_162541567_HDR.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20211016_162558166_MP.jpg
    IMG_20211016_162558166_MP.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's fine -is it a disc brake wheel.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If you are getting pulsing when braking, I'd take a little wet and dry to flaten the scratch. It will be fine. Just breaking will wear down the scratch.

OP
OP
C

CyclingStone

If you are getting pulsing when braking, I'd take a little wet and dry to flaten the scratch. It will be fine. Just breaking will wear down the scratch.
Ok thanks. I am clueless when it comes to carbonwheels. To me scratches = damaged. I will keep using it then.

Thanks.

edit: I can't tell about pulsating because I have not ridden it afterwards, but I can take pulsating,. Just wanted to know about the health of it. Risk of collapsing and such.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Carbon fibre suffers from a large force stressing it in a way the designers didn’t anticipate. The weave is key in terms of this. If no large forces were involved I’d relax.

Ajax Bay

Guru
I am afraid my opinion with carbon is the same as always and after all, itäs a personal opinion how much risk you are ready to take when it come to carbon. I am not content with anything other than a scan.
You told us on an earlier thread that you are not content with anything other than a scan when there's damage. Are all these carbon items worth the hassle, given you never know when you might get a stressful call?

OP
OP
C

CyclingStone

You told us on an earlier thread that you are not content with anything other than a scan when there's damage. Are all these carbon items worth the hassle, given you never know when you might get a stressful call?
I might go for alu next time. That's what I would say to other people yes.
I am learning more and more how expensive cycling is, especially when you train a lot. Sadly this is my passion and I hate running with a passion otherwise i would startr runniing.

Top Bottom