front chain adjustment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Twilkes

Guru
I suggest the OP shifts down at the front. Chainset = 50/34. Cassette = 11sp 11-34. Large/large cross chaining will rub.
Is that just because of the 34 cog? I know that large/large often does rub, but theoretically it shouldn't as Shimano's own setup instructions get you to set the cable tension in this position with the lever in LargeTrim position, and a 0-1mm gap between the chain and derailleur cage. Then at the other end of the cassette there should be no rub with the lever in the Large position.

However, from experience, this requires all components on the bike to be perfectly aligned, you're not allowed to breathe on it and the moon must be at its furthest orbit from the earth. :smile:

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
A

Amac

Hi guys,
sorry I have been away, just reading through all the replies, not sure I fully understand all the “trimming “
but I have only just got in 😉
I know it didn’t rub before, but I have done about 1200 miles on it, so it might need some adjustments now.
If it makes any difference, the gear set is 105.
I am going to clean it all tomorrow, have a good read through all the tips, then see if I can sort it.
thanks again.

Top Bottom