Front light: mount to raise light?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Camerabag

Hi folks, hoping someone has some tips?

Does anyone know if you can get front light handlebar mounts that lift the light up over the handlebar bag?

When we were cycling in Germany last year on borrowed bikes, they had lights that were mounted so they stood up and shone over the handlebar bags, but I can't seem to find anything like that!

We don't have the front lights yet - we have cheap little "be seen" ones but need to get some decent ones for road touring. So if anyone can recommend lights that can be mounted so that they're above the handlebar bag, it would be really helpful!

OP
OP
Camerabag

Camerabag

Hero!!!!!!!

:hyper::dance::girldance:

I just could not find a damned thing like it! I'll have a proper look, but thankyou thankyou xxxx

Ern1e

Über Member
Hi I solved that buy using an old quill stem which had been lying around in the shed for a while,all I did was cut the tappered end then cut an 10" piece of 22 mm tubing welded that on the bottom of the stem painted it all black then took of brake lever etc on the bike slid it on up to stem bolted it down and hey presto instant 4" of lift above my handle bar bag. It now holds light's and the computer thing and works quite well may not look a million dollars but thdn again it did not cost it either lol.

Top Bottom