Front lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mrmacmusic

mrmacmusic

Veteran
Mrmac, going by the route you've posted it'll be very dark as you are quite far away from civilisation in some places. I've cycled nearby roads in the pitch black and whilst I normally carry a Smart bespoke and Polaris (forerunners to lunars) I have to get home very quickly before ambient light fades, I wouldn't recommend using them regularly especially with the state of our roads just now. When I do know I'm going out in the dark in that area, I've fitted a tesco cree with a two fish lock block; you don't get the tesco cree anymore but you do get other cree's and they offer a decent level of lighting for not much money. I also like to run a helmet torch so I can see the verges.

OT I was passing on Friday and they've finally reopened the ped/cycle bridge over the A876 (Kincardine Br), if you don't fancy dealing with the motorway bound traffic ;-)
Thanks HLaB - just noticed your post! I ended up buying a Moon XP-500 which lights up the un-civilised sections of my route very well, and was a bargain at £69. (I posted about it elsewhere in these forums at the time I bought it).

OT I noticed the bridge was re-opened, but due to illness and recovery (and then icy conditions) this is my fourth week not commuting. I'm really missing it, but with my wife not wanting me commuting in the winter, I reckon the Flight might well now be locked up until the temperatures start rising again. Boo! Hence my new post about "sensible second hand buys" – I really want my old Trek 6500 back, with knobblies (and maybe studs) so I can get out and about at the weekends and over the Christmas holidays, and maybe sneak in a few commutes in January... Sadly I'm struggling to justify the expense with SWMBO, who I apparently told at the time I bought my Flight that it would do on or off road. I'm pretty sure that's not what I said!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
N+1 or SWMBO -1 :thumbsup:

Do you have a link for the mount you use for the Magischine? I assume it connects to it with the O Band?

My Magicshine fits securely, but I'd like something I can turn towards the kerb a bit.

Cheers

Martin

Afraid bad news there - that bracket pictured has been discontinued and CRC on this link have not updated the picture yet - you actually get the 'micro' and not the one pictured.

Micro Only - http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=6091

Or for DX 'Magishine' see this https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/commuting-lights-for-unlit-country-roads.87429/post-1567819

Top Bottom