Front Mud Guard

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Timmo

Right after just getting back from my bike ride and face covered in mud, decided to to buy a front mud guard. Can anyone recomend me one please?

Cubist

Still wavin'
Cycraguard look great, and bolt/bungy/cable tie onto the downtube. They keep your legs and front mech/chainwheels a bit cleaner, but if you go fast enough the spray thrown up by your front wheel will be blown back into your face anyway.

There are some that go through the front forks and stop some of the above, but personally I think they look crap. Look for brands such as Planet X or SKS, Marzocchi Fenders.

Buy some glasses instead, you'll look far cooler, and wear your mud with pride. Oh, and try and keep your mouth closed on farmland. Slurry doesn't taste too good.

globalfish

Try a bit of old inner tube cable-tied between your fork brace and crown. I use this along with a crud catcher and this stops it ALL. it's a downhill thing i believe, but most mud on your face is thrown forward from the wheel and you then ride into it. I believe the inner tube helps at least as much as the crud catcher. You don't need full-on mudguards - they will clog and get damaged - especially if you cycle in the cr*p i do.

02GF74

Über Member
Timmo said:
Yeah I found that out earlier woodland mud though tasted earthy lol

you have no right to complain unless you have cycled through a pile of dogshit! :biggrin:!:wacko:

JonGW

Cut up bit of inner tube cable tied inbetween fork crowns. Or get hold of a RRP neoguard. Both work the same, Just the innertube is abit of a bodge.

globalfish

JonGW said:
Cut up bit of inner tube cable tied inbetween fork crowns. Or get hold of a RRP neoguard. Both work the same, Just the innertube is abit of a bodge.
Funny, I thought I just said that 3 posts before:laugh:

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Doesn't really get any better than the frame fixed crud guard.

Or, you could try tying an old piece of inner tube between your fork brace and crown? :biggrin: