Front Pannier Racks Tour de Fer 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

toffee

Guru
Anyone put front racks on a Tour de Fer 2017.

Just come to put some on Mrs T'S and found the front disk in the way

20170409_194402-640x480.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Guru
[QUOTE 4755667, member: 76"]Could you put some washers on the rack side so the bolt doesn't go through?[/QUOTE]

The problem is how far the calliper sticks outside of the forks.

Done a bit of thinking and think I have got a solution.

Will post back when I have done it

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Guru
[QUOTE 4755735, member: 76"]Could you not use the thread at the front of the forks? That would be better for forks if the mudguards are already on the back one.[/QUOTE]
That is going to be part of the solution. Mudguard stay is actually further out than the calliper so it needs moving aswell

andrew_s

Legendary Member
If you put a Tubus Tara lowrider rack on, there's only one tube at the dropout, running from top left to bottom right on your photo. The rack also has a subsidiary eyelet on the upper side of the tube to take the displaced mudguard stays without having to share a bolt. You may need a short spacer to clear the fork blade, but it should be fairly straightforward.
I used one with discs on a Singular Peregrine, but on a quick glance I don't have any photos with the area of interest unobstructed by panniers.
image16.jpg

The other option would be an over-the-wheel rack, like a small rear.

Last edited:
OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Guru
The problem is that the calliper will be touching the pannier, which will put a hole in the pannier eventually as it will rub when ever the brake is applied. Whichever rack is used it will need a spacer on to move the rack out of the way of the calliper. The mudguard stay is just another problem.

Top Bottom