Front tyre problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spennie

Veteran
Just brought a pair schwable Durano wired tyres to put on my ice sprint, I've done about 150 miles on them and they are already worn out. I only ride on roads, tyre pressure is 100psi and i never need to brake heavy, wheels seem to spin ok, i have S/A brake hubs and was just wondering if there may be anything wrong with my trike/or set up which may cause this problem, as i have never known a pair of tyres to wear after such a short distance.

pclay

Veteran
How do you know they are worn out? Were the tyres brand new?

cookie32

Your trike isn't tracking right. Are there any reference points on your tie-rods for your steering. You are going to have to adjust them or have your trike taken to someone that knows how to set up trike steering.

Last edited:

TissoT

Guru
would of thought it will be something to do with weight against the compound of the rubber tyre

The one time I knocked the tracking out of line on my old Q when on tour, I wrecked a front tyre in under 100 miles.
If you go to the ICE support page, they have a how to guide on how to reset your tracking.
It's fun doing it in a field with a bit of stick as the only way to measure the gap between the wheels.

Top Bottom