Front wheel turning 90 degrees?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
P

parkeh

Thanks so much for all of your replies, this is very reassuring. For those whose bike does the same, how would you suggest wheeling it when walking? Trouble is I can’t hold it by the seat or frame when pushing it forward because the wheel / handlebars swing at the right angle. So the only way I can walk while pushing it is my holding on to the handlebars which isn’t very comfortable. Or is that just the way it is?
Again, thanks for all of your replies, and apologies for basic questions.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Thanks so much for all of your replies, this is very reassuring. For those whose bike does the same, how would you suggest wheeling it when walking? Trouble is I can’t hold it by the seat or frame when pushing it forward because the wheel / handlebars swing at the right angle. So the only way I can walk while pushing it is my holding on to the handlebars which isn’t very comfortable. Or is that just the way it is?
Try one hand on the handlebars and one on the saddle.

Practice makes perfect.

As has been said different bikes flop to a different extent, but with a bit of practice you should be able to push the bike along holding the saddle. Again, as others have said it is easier with a bit of space and a bit of pace. Start off holding bars and saddle and then let go of the bars, you will soon get the hang of it:okay:

Ah, found it: actually prefer this one:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPTMds-6ziI

In short, it's only the cables attached to your brake/shifter levers and the geometry of your frame whereby the front wheel rim and/or handlebars might bump against your down tube, that prevents your front fork and steerer rotating a full 360 degrees in your headtube.

Last edited:
I find for me its comfortable when pushing the bike along to have one hand gently on the saddle and the other holding the stem controlling the movement. Occasionally the second hand needs to be shifted to the bars if the movement becomes uncontrollable. If its moving fine the hand on the stem alone is all thats necessary.

Top Bottom