Froome latest .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Who knows? Froome and all his knowledge about who to hire and what to do might be just the sort of thing to take ISN to that level. It could give them a real shot in the arris ;)
who knows, but im doubtful they have that sort of money available to them.......but we will see

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Who knows? Froome and all his knowledge about who to hire and what to do might be just the sort of thing to take ISN to that level. It could give them a real shot in the arris ;)
How many domestques are there to sign😁
I'm not too sure Froome will even be at the Tour this year...can you see him wanting to play helper ?

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
who knows, but im doubtful they have that sort of money available to them.......but we will see
I thought the owner was a billionaire ? I might be wrong though.If the rumours of 5 million a season are true and a guarantee of being team leader it not a bad move.

jowwy

I thought the owner was a billionaire ? I might be wrong though.If the rumours of 5 million a season are true and a guarantee of being team leader it not a bad move.
he maybe, i don't know........but as they dont really have a leader, then its a no brainer

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I dunno...I guess it's hard to turn down the big bucks. If money were not a motivation I think he'd have been better retiring at the end of this season
He's going to a weaker team, he's past his best and who knows what his recovery has really been like from his accident. He's been one of the great GT riders and it would be a pity if he spends the next couple of years flogging around and struggling to compete with the likes of Bernal, Roglic etc

jowwy

If this was facebook, that post would have ":cursing: Dan Martin" under it!
hes not a leader or a grand tour winner for me......crap at TT, and not the best when the road really kicks up and the pace increases

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I dunno...I guess it's hard to turn down the big bucks. If money were not a motivation I think he'd have been better retiring at the end of this season
He's going to a weaker team, he's past his best and who knows what his recovery has really been like from his accident. He's been one of the great GT riders and it would be a pity if he spends the next couple of years flogging around and struggling to compete with the likes of Bernal, Roglic etc
I don't think it's money...more the fact he can't be the chosen one at Ineos.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
If he does get picked this year for Le Tour it will be interesting to see if he behaves and works for a team where he has nothing to lose. I could see petulant Froome ignoring team orders for his own benefit.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I don't think it's money...more the fact he can't be the chosen one at Ineos.
If that is the case it's a pity nobody had a word with him to convince him to retire. Going to Israel Startup Nation isn't like past-it footballers going to play in Middle East for one last big payday. He will be up against the best, riders he would have beaten in his prime. But I fear he will struggle and his reputation as the great GT rider of his generation will suffer as a result

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
If that is the case it's a pity nobody had a word with him to convince him to retire. Going to Israel Startup Nation isn't like past-it footballers going to play in Middle East for one last big payday. He will be up against the best, riders he would have beaten in his prime. But I fear he will struggle and his reputation as the great GT rider of his generation will suffer as a result
The fifth tour is his motivation id say.I really don't see him walking away without at least having a go.He fails...so what he's still the best stage racer of a generation.
I'm not sure I can see him going to the Tour as a helper though,one thing he's got is a one track mind and winning.
But I agree with you,there's a whole choice of new riders out there, Pogacars looking like a future winner for me.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Possibly..... But he is a comparatively young bloke whose only real skill is riding a bike. He's never really been a "face" in the public consciousness like Hoy and Wiggins, so his future earning potential is more limited
Can anyone really blame him for thinking of his and his families future financial security?

I suspect 5 million a year fir a couple of years would tempt anyone in his position.

Top Bottom