Froome latest .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I used to think your were allright,what a mistake 😁
Don't get me wrong his achievements are undeniable but every time I hear him speak this ditty from the 80s goes through my head.

View: https://youtu.be/2NTcndxuwOA

:laugh:

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I have something of an irrational dislike for him. It think irrationally disliking teams and individuals in sport is perfectly OK as long as it's confined to the sofa. It's just a natural extension of having favourites. I wouldn't take it as far as throwing buckets of wee at him or anything like that, or having a footy style punch up with @Adam4868 ;) :boxing:

On the other hand I'm still a hopeless one eyed Cav fan even though he is utterly decrepit and past it.
It's what sport is about liking and disliking isn't it ? I've liked Froome from the start,I like his awkwardness and his "niceness' whatever that is.I also like the way he's such a devisive cyclist.I find it odd that he's hated for what....winning ?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I have something of an irrational dislike for him. It think irrationally disliking teams and individuals in sport is perfectly OK as long as it's confined to the sofa. It's just a natural extension of having favourites. I wouldn't take it as far as throwing buckets of wee at him or anything like that, or having a footy style punch up with @Adam4868 ;) :boxing:

On the other hand I'm still a hopeless one eyed Cav fan even though he is utterly decrepit and past it.
I don't dislike Froomy, I'm just not a fan of him.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Beatles or the Stones
City or United
Armstrong or Ullrich
Hunt or Lauda
Marmite:blush:
Wiggins or Froome

Adds spice to the event to have a bit of rivalry and partisanship

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Beatles or the Stones
City or United
Armstrong or Ullrich
Hunt or Lauda
Marmite:blush:
Wiggins or Froome

Adds spice to the event to have a bit of rivalry and partisanship
Stones...only really like Lennon from the Beatles.
City if we're talking Manchester
Armstrong...sorry !
Lauda...too much of a flash tvvat Hunt.
Marmite...I don't class vegimite as edible
Froome...as much as I like Wiggins !
How did I do ?
You forgot Coe v Ovett....can't fecking stand Coe ! 😁

SWSteve

Guru
A 'niche' sport, I'd hazard a guess that more spectators turn out to watch each day of the TdF than attend any F1 race and that's each day mind you, multiply that by all the days and compare that to the whole season of the F1 calendar and I'd say more people actually watch the TdF and that's only one race.

I'm not a fan of Chris Froome, I think he's an arrogant bugger but then so is the whining Lewis Hamilton but both of them are certainly media darlings and if someone wants to pay them whatever then it's no skin off my nose. BTW my favourite 'sport' is barely covered but heroes like Steve Webster and Tony Hewitt hardly got any coverage when they were world champions admittedly Steve got an MBE but he was World Champion 10 times.

View attachment 532461

whilst I know that the tdf does get a lot of roadside support, that’s 23 days a year. It’s not quite football/rugby or - dare I say it - tennis

Top Bottom