Froome latest .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Rudy ? To be fair you've named more than me...is Neils Pollit there maybe
I am guessing not. I would love Chris to win again but the team doesn't seem right for him albeit the guys I don't know could be very loyal hard workers for him.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I am guessing not. I would love Chris to win again but the team doesn't seem right for him albeit the guys I don't know could be very loyal hard workers for him.
I rarely speak negative of Froome...as I'm a big fan of his but....
I agree hes a rider that needs a loyal team around him and the bigger question is nobody really knows where he's at after that crash.Id love him to go out with a fifth tour but there's some stiff competition out there.Whod back against Roglic,Bernal,Pogacar.

Milzy

Guru
I rarely speak negative of Froome...as I'm a big fan of his but....
I agree hes a rider that needs a loyal team around him and the bigger question is nobody really knows where he's at after that crash.Id love him to go out with a fifth tour but there's some stiff competition out there.Whod back against Roglic,Bernal,Pogacar.
He will have to surf other teams until he can go lone Wolf up the mountains. He can out TT Ineos guys or be level with GT.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
To be honest, it'll be a more interesting spectacle if he goes. It could be a weird race with Ineos having 3 potential favourites.
There's some serious competition this year I reckon.As I say Roglic,Pogacar is Dumoulin racing ?
I think Froomes dilemma is whether to sacrifice the chance of his fifth tour for 10/15 million ? Ive spent many a sleepless night with the same predicament 😁

rich p

ridiculous old lush
There's some serious competition this year I reckon.As I say Roglic,Pogacar is Dumoulin racing ?
I think Froomes dilemma is whether to sacrifice the chance of his fifth tour for 10/15 million ? Ive spent many a sleepless night with the same predicament 😁
I seem to recall that Dumoulin isn't riding.
Is Pinot likely to be a contender after being a nearly monsieur last year before he hurt his knee?

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I seem to recall that Dumoulin isn't riding.
Is Pinot likely to be a contender after being a nearly monsieur last year before he hurt his knee?
Your probally right about Dumoulin @rich p.I do feel for him,I allways thought he had another big win in him after his Giro,hopefully he'll be back.Pinot...he will be up for it I'm sure,my own bias says I don't see him winning it though.Not with the likes of Ineos and Jumbo to contend with.Almost forgot Allaphilipe..any chance ?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Almost forgot Allaphilipe..any chance ?
I wrote him off last year and he did better and lasted longer than I thought or predicted.
No chance, though! ^_^

SWSteve

Guru
15 million!?!?! That’s Christiano Ronaldo money

raleighnut

Legendary Member
yes, but Cycling is such a niche sport it’s an obscene sum
A 'niche' sport, I'd hazard a guess that more spectators turn out to watch each day of the TdF than attend any F1 race and that's each day mind you, multiply that by all the days and compare that to the whole season of the F1 calendar and I'd say more people actually watch the TdF and that's only one race.

I'm not a fan of Chris Froome, I think he's an arrogant bugger but then so is the whining Lewis Hamilton but both of them are certainly media darlings and if someone wants to pay them whatever then it's no skin off my nose. BTW my favourite 'sport' is barely covered but heroes like Steve Webster and Tony Hewitt hardly got any coverage when they were world champions admittedly Steve got an MBE but he was World Champion 10 times.

5183585930_baffdd26c0_b.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom