Froome latest .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Rumours around that Ineos won't be taking Froome on the Tour .

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I wouldn't be surprised at all,as I said before I just can't see how Froome fits in without going for it.Its not in him to be a domestque.
Also, why gift Israel a load of ranking points for next season if Froome does finish high?

Just dropping him would bring lots of accusations of disrespecting the race and sport and so on - but there's nothing they can offer him to develop knee problems, is there? He's a new team lined up, so he doesn't need a development team created for him like the last winner they pensioned off.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
To many leaders there now,it's easy to forget some of them Carapaz and Sivakof just two,Sivakof who looking at his training rides is flying !
I can't keep up. I don't even remember who Sivakof/Sivakov is... (Mind you, I just went to the shops and waited at the till for my change after using a contactless card to pay, so that isn't saying much! :laugh:)

Hmm... I just looked him up. Yes, I should have remembered him from the Giro last year; yikes, my memory has gone walkabout!

Well, Froome is rather an expensive rider to pay to do nothing. Actually though, I suppose that Ineos would be paying him NOT to be riding against them in another team THIS year!

RobNewcastle

I can't keep up. I don't even remember who Sivakof/Sivakov is... (Mind you, I just went to the shops and waited at the till for my change after using a contactless card to pay, so that isn't saying much! :laugh:)

Hmm... I just looked him up. Yes, I should have remembered him from the Giro last year; yikes, my memory has gone walkabout!

Well, Froome is rather an expensive rider to pay to do nothing. Actually though, I suppose that Ineos would be paying him NOT to be riding against them in another team THIS year!

Sivakov could be the fly in the ointment for Froome. Major prospect, potential future grand tour winner, flying in training and carries no threat to disrupt the team. Much safer bet. Interesting discussion on the Froome situation on cycling podcast. I’m probably with them, I’d like to see him go if only for the potential fireworks and story that could develop and the impact on the race, he’s a game-changer who can shake things up. I’ve always enjoyed watching him race and would like to see him get a 5th even though it’s possibly unlikely.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Just watched stage 17 of the 2018 tour when G was dropping froome , to through a spanner in the works what if froome is back to his best which is his 2018 form ?

RobNewcastle

Just watched stage 17 of the 2018 tour when G was dropping froome , to through a spanner in the works what if froome is back to his best which is his 2018 form ?

The thing about the 2018 tour is he was coming off the Giro and had won the tour/Vuelta double before that. Clearly for a long time training was about targeting multi grand tour victories. Last year was the first time in a while he was focusing on just the tour. I saw a quote form him not long ago saying he was feeling very fresh after long, hard rides. Time will tell whether that equates to top form.

if he finds top form it’ll be extremely interesting. I’d imagine Ineos will have an idea of form after Tenerife with the altitude training. Kerrison gets them doing race scenarios with loads of attacking etc.

RobNewcastle

I think you may well be right. Bernal and Thomas with Amador and an up and coming Sivakov is a much safer bet for DB. Form might change that though

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I think you may well be right. Bernal and Thomas with Amador and an up and coming Sivakov is a much safer bet for DB. Form might change that though
There's no way Brailsford doesn't know where any of there forms at ! Just read a article by Fotheringham if your interested ?
https://www.cyclist.co.uk/in-depth/8468/comment-i-would-not-select-froome-for-the-tour-de-france
I think Froome will be back and up for it next year,hopefully with a full team of support 😁

Top Bottom