Froome latest .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Team Ineos technical director doubts whether Chris Froome can win the Tour de France 2020

While Froome has previously said he’s back to his best, the head of technical operations and commercial Carsten Jeppesen has his doubts.

Jeppesen told Danish broadcaster TV 2 Sport: “There is no doubt that he has put a lot of work into it – and as always Chris has been a fantastic athlete and incredibly dedicated. I do not believe anyone has trained as hard during this coronavirus crisis as he has.

“But I’m not 100 per cent sure that he will be so ready that he is where he needs to be to be able to win.”

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/tour-de-france/team-ineos-technical-director-doubts-whether-chris-froome-can-win-the-tour-de-france-2020-460230
In other words...Bernal is in better form,so we can't risk putting the whole team behind Froome.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Read a article by Contador yesterday.Sortnof makes sense.Its win at all costs for Ineos and the strongest survives.
Contador: “Froome's move [to Israel] makes sense. He won 4 Tours, the Giro and the Vuelta and still feels strong enough to fight. Bernal will be dominant for a long time and will progress quickly. If Froome stayed with INEOS, he would have to adjust his goals or work for Bernal."

RobNewcastle

I don’t doubt that Froome has probably trained harder than most in lockdown with a burning desire to prove everyone wrong. But how he stands up to 3 weeks full on racing at the tour is still very much in doubt.

Rocky

Hello decadence
I was at school with Steve Ovett. We even played in the same footie team. I was better at football but he just edged me in athletics...:whistle:
Yeah but he could only run 800 metres not 80 miles.......I'd back you any time from Petersfield to Eastbourne - in fact, even I could beat him over the SDW.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Not that I ever really doubted him....he looks to be back on form though 😁
https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/...-from-final-stage-of-tour-de-lain-2020-462336
It would be a real shame if he wasn't allowed a chance to prove he's back. But I don't want to see him flogging his guts out as a superdom to Bernal.

Jimidh

Veteran
I hope he shows good enough form this week to be included in the Ineos team for the TdF.
It will
Be fascinating watching Ineos with three guys all going for the win and see if they can make a better job of it than Movistar.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I hope he shows good enough form this week to be included in the Ineos team for the TdF.
It will
Be fascinating watching Ineos with three guys all going for the win and see if they can make a better job of it than Movistar.
Except I can't see it ever really being that.Bernal is plan A,Thomas and maybe Froome are B and C.Youve no chance unless you've a whole team behind you.Be interesting to see their form in the Dauphine this week.There again Froome especially allways seems to ride into his form.
Pah I want fireworks at the Tour go out in a blaze of glory...pull the race radio out and try a break from 80 k out !
Lockdown had starved me of sport 😁

It will be interesting if Froome is on form but Bernal is the designated A rider but can't gap Froome. Then Froome doesn't/won't go on the front pulling the train along or closing gaps for Bernal but just sits on Bernal.... what would Brailsford do?

Top Bottom