Froome latest .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
I really hope so,must be terrible to be forced out of something you love through injury

it does not only happen to top racers, I wish him all the best of course.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Someone on the radio said no one has won a TdF over the age of 35 in the modern era. So the odds are stacked against him as he will be 35 next year.

I tended to think this year might be his last chance. Maybe he's got one more year in him but will he even be ready in time for next year.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Witnessing an accident is almost worse than suffering an accident yourself. At least you don't see yourself crash, it happens, bang, and you go into survival mode then recover slowly. When you see it, you keep replaying it in your mind.

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
Poor guy- I reckon he'll have a strong enough mentality to get through it okay though, he seems like he doesn't get fazed too easily.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
He's getting towards the end of his career as an elite athlete and has suffered a catastrophic injury

These people are extremely driven, they wouldn't have achieved what they've achieved otherwise. I hope someone Froome really respects advises him to not attempt to come back from this

Given his success it would be a terrible shame for him, personally, to end his career struggling to compete which I think is the most likely outcome

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
He's getting towards the end of his career as an elite athlete and has suffered a catastrophic injury

These people are extremely driven, they wouldn't have achieved what they've achieved otherwise. I hope someone Froome really respects advises him to not attempt to come back from this

Given his success it would be a terrible shame for him, personally, to end his career struggling to compete which I think is the most likely outcome
i will not like this post but i agree.

Globalti

Legendary Member
How many bones has "Crash Froome" broken in the last few years? Have they slowed him down? Admittedly these are major bones but he will get the best of everything for a quick recovery.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
All
As @Adam4868 says, I think he has the mental strength to get through it and if it can be done then I believe he will do it but that's the big question ...can it be done.
At the same time I also agree with @nickyboy...... Given his success it would be a terrible shame for him, personally, to end his career struggling to compete .
All the same I think it ironic the accident occurred whilst attempting a 'snot rocket' xx(

Top Bottom