Froome's first race of 2018...

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by Joffey, 14 Feb 2018.

1. Joffey

Joffey Über Member

...is on the telebox.

I wonder how the media / twitterati react this afternoon :-D

2. Slick

Slick Veteran

Ffs, forgot about it. I'm working from home and watching ice dancing. Thankfully I've taped the race but that's definitely work done for the day now.

mjr likes this.
  3. Slick

Slick Veteran

He managed to hide his light under a bushel then.

4. Milzy

Milzy Veteran

He put in a solid TT performance today. Not one of his best. He says he’s still off form a bit. I think he’s keeping his powder dry for other things too. It will interesting to see what form he can achieve at thecTDF now he’s under the microscope. If he’s lack lusture then he’ll look suspicious. However I think he’ll be alright.

5. Slick

Slick Veteran

Some of the accusations are getting wild though. A very convenient puncture meaning he could go for the stage win without going for the event win. Wtf, then coming in 10th or whatever, and they still think he's at it.

6. Milzy

Milzy Veteran

All the stuff on social media is getting out of hand. Idiot haters and most seem to be very casual so called fans with slow average speeds and only ride a hand full of times in the summer. I won’t let anything taint the sport for me.

Slick likes this.
  7. I'm not sure if that's the best approach

Bollo, smutchin, FishFright and 2 others like this.
  8. Milzy

Milzy Veteran

I’ve found people who struggle to improve their average speed become green of others. Much of the Froome bashing is from jealous idiots.

Slick likes this.
  9. Seriously? :wacko:

Milzy likes this.
  10. FishFright

FishFright More wheels than sense

You're a Cat 1 or elite racer I presume ?

11. Milzy

Milzy Veteran

Yes or no has nothing to do with that statement.

12. Milzy

Milzy Veteran

The point is about Froome bashing. Social media is full of it and the worst culprits are just casual arm chair supporters. Not true cycling fans in my eyes.

13. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Milzy, you have many fine qualities but you're talking absolute bollocks on this particular occasion! ^_^

Mark Grant, brommers, mjr and 2 others like this.
  14. Milzy

Milzy Veteran

LOL maybe you’re right, but I’m sick of all the Froome bashing.

rich p and Slick like this.
  15. I can't be a true cycling fan, sitting here as I am in an armchair

brommers, rich p and Milzy like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice