Froot Loops

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by MarkF, 1 Aug 2012.

1. MarkF

MarkF Legendary Member

I've spent years trying to obtain Kelloggs Froot Loops at a reasonable price, I've been paying nearly £10 a box in Leeds. [​IMG]

I heard Asda were selling Froot Loops, checked on the Froot Loop forum and it was true, hallelujah! Last night I bought 6 boxes, at £2.34 each. I've got a bowl in front of me right now....................................crap, I am disappointed, genuinely upset, I was so looking forward to them. From memory the USA Froot Loops have 6 colours (at least 5 definitely) and they are really bright, gaudy, childlike colours too, they make you happy. They are a sugar loaded tasty fruit injection.

The UK ones have a measly 3 colours, orange, green and purple, but a shade like you've left them out on the rain for days, hardly any colour at all, drab with a capital D. They look like old cabbage, aspargus and raddish flavour, what sort if mixed up kid would want those? They taste of nothing, my day is ruined before 9am, what was the point, after all this time? :sad:

[​IMG]

Fnaar likes this.
  2. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Why would you buy Froot Loops - sounds like you've gone loopy :tongue:

3. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

You pay £10 for a friggin box of cereal?

4. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

The Froot Loop forum?:sad: ?:sad: ?:sad: ?

For sure the end of the world is nigh.:sad:

5. OP
    OP
    MarkF

MarkF Legendary Member

Yes, happily, better than spending £10 on 5 boxes of cereals that I don't like. I've heard that people spend more than £99 on bicycles, can this be true? I often pay about £6 online, but sometimes I just can't wait and have to pay shop prices in Leeds or in the old sweet shop in Halifax Piece Hall Yard. :smile:

6. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

Yes, you are completely nuts...eeer Loopy

7. Cheddar George

Cheddar George oober member

Wikipedia explains all.
    I guess this is why Smarties look as if they have been bleached. Bloody UK food standards with their natural colourings, sweets should be so bright that they hurt your eyes, in fact in this age of advancement they should glow in the dark.

Fnaar and Uncle Mort like this.
  8. Kiwiavenger

Kiwiavenger im a little tea pot

The wife just spent £12 on lucky charms! Im still happy to pay for the asda fruit loops I do miss the blue ones though :sad:

Sent from the Holodeck on my Tricorder

9. OP
    OP
    MarkF

MarkF Legendary Member

Lucky Charms. :smile: I'd forgotten about those.........aaarghhh!

BTW Asda's Carters Root Beer is poo as well.

10. postman

postman Legendary Member

If i had known i could have brought you some back from Orlando,my girls were scoffing these for brekkie every morning.

11. lordloveaduck

lordloveaduck Well-Known Member

Get the USA packet from Amazon, it's cheaper.
    Or Selfridges they sell American cereal.

12. OP
    OP
    MarkF

MarkF Legendary Member

£6.99 at Amazon,similar to what I pay elsewhere online.

I've just looked on their site and, bloody hell , it didn't take long, what a bag of bollox! :cursing:

USA Froot Loops, the real deal. £6.99, a competitive price.
    51KD60IgM8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

"Froot Loops have been around for ever in America and now you can try them here in the UK. £4.99"
    Of course you can try them here in the UK, these are bloody well made in the UK, you can tell my the lack of colours and the washed out remaining ones, well 3 actually, and, they are £1.34 a box in bloody Tesco's!

51skQH60YhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

13. lordloveaduck

lordloveaduck Well-Known Member

USA have different food regulations from the UK (anything goes in the USA)

14. threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty Corn Fed Hick...

Have a bowl of muesli, after eating that tasteless nonsense your Fruit Loops will be like mainlining a bag of Tate and Lyle as far as a sugar rush goes!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice