Froot Loops

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
I've spent years trying to obtain Kelloggs Froot Loops at a reasonable price, I've been paying nearly £10 a box in Leeds.
eek.gif

I heard Asda were selling Froot Loops, checked on the Froot Loop forum and it was true, hallelujah! Last night I bought 6 boxes, at £2.34 each. I've got a bowl in front of me right now....................................crap, I am disappointed, genuinely upset, I was so looking forward to them. From memory the USA Froot Loops have 6 colours (at least 5 definitely) and they are really bright, gaudy, childlike colours too, they make you happy. They are a sugar loaded tasty fruit injection.

The UK ones have a measly 3 colours, orange, green and purple, but a shade like you've left them out on the rain for days, hardly any colour at all, drab with a capital D. They look like old cabbage, aspargus and raddish flavour, what sort if mixed up kid would want those? They taste of nothing, my day is ruined before 9am, what was the point, after all this time? :sad:

KelloggsFrootLoops--11a06-L.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Why would you buy Froot Loops - sounds like you've gone loopy :tongue:

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
You pay £10 for a friggin box of cereal?

Yes, happily, better than spending £10 on 5 boxes of cereals that I don't like. I've heard that people spend more than £99 on bicycles, can this be true? I often pay about £6 online, but sometimes I just can't wait and have to pay shop prices in Leeds or in the old sweet shop in Halifax Piece Hall Yard. :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yes, happily, better than spending £10 on 5 boxes of cereals that I don't like. I've heard that people spend more than £99 on bicycles, can this be true? I often pay about £6 online, but sometimes I just can't wait and have to pay shop prices in Leeds or in the old sweet shop in Halifax Piece Hall Yard. :smile:

Yes, you are completely nuts...eeer Loopy

Cheddar George

oober member
Wikipedia explains all.
I guess this is why Smarties look as if they have been bleached. Bloody UK food standards with their natural colourings, sweets should be so bright that they hurt your eyes, in fact in this age of advancement they should glow in the dark.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
The wife just spent £12 on lucky charms! Im still happy to pay for the asda fruit loops I do miss the blue ones though :sad:

Lucky Charms. :smile: I'd forgotten about those.........aaarghhh!

BTW Asda's Carters Root Beer is poo as well.

postman

Legendary Member
If i had known i could have brought you some back from Orlando,my girls were scoffing these for brekkie every morning.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Get the USA packet from Amazon, it's cheaper.

£6.99 at Amazon,similar to what I pay elsewhere online.

I've just looked on their site and, bloody hell , it didn't take long, what a bag of bollox! :cursing:

USA Froot Loops, the real deal. £6.99, a competitive price.
51KD60IgM8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

"Froot Loops have been around for ever in America and now you can try them here in the UK. £4.99"
Of course you can try them here in the UK, these are bloody well made in the UK, you can tell my the lack of colours and the washed out remaining ones, well 3 actually, and, they are £1.34 a box in bloody Tesco's!

51skQH60YhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Top Bottom