Fruit Pastilles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What?! Heresy I tells ya

Blackcurrant (purple) > Lime (green) > Orange (duh) > Lemon (yellow) > Strawberry (red)

Any other order is simply wrong!

It's also still impossible to eat one without chewing, as the old advert used to challenge ^_^

WHAT!!!!!

Who puts green before ANYTHING!!!!

although purple are clearly the best
not that my daughter knew when she was a kid - our packets came without purple ones
:whistle:

Reactions: gbb

Jody

Stubborn git
The fruit pastille would be perfect if they left out the dark purple ones

Same here. Goes for almost all sweets, fruit gums, opal fruits, skittles, wine gums etc

Colours are divided up and Purple have to be left/eat on their own.

Jody

Stubborn git
What?! Heresy I tells ya

Blackcurrant (purple) > Lime (green) > Orange (duh) > Lemon (yellow) > Strawberry (red)

Orange > Red > Yellow> Green and then Purple for me

Orange and red can mix. Yellow and Green can mix. But purple can eff off and stay on it's own

It's also still impossible to eat one without chewing, as the old advert used to challenge ^_^

Very doable. Similar as eating a ring donut without licking your lips

simongt

Guru
I always prefered Fruit Gums but I don't think you can get them now. When I was cycling longer distances I'd have a packet of pastilles in my bag to have the occasional treat. But I rarely eat sweets so a packet tended to last for months.
Maynard's Wine Gums are a good alternative, although Aldi occasionally do a decent fruit gum type sweetie. :okay:

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Maynard's Wine Gums are a good alternative, although Aldi occasionally do a decent fruit gum type sweetie. :okay:

I don't like the Maynard's ones. Unless they've changed the recipe since I last tried them.

Jody

Stubborn git
I don't like the Maynard's ones. Unless they've changed the recipe since I last tried them.

These are the only ones worth eating. Not sure who manufactures them but they haven't changed in 40+ years

wine-gums-1-247x296.jpg

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Fruit Pastilles are sweets of the gods!
Everytime I fuel-up the mighty C1 for the Heathrow trip (3 hours) Pastilles are essential, a packet for up and a packet for return. have them for long trips in the camper too. Copilot lines them up on the dashboard to make sure we get an equal share. Such small things make long journeys palatable....

Are they the ones you buy by the quarter in old fashioned sweet shops?

ooo yes - old fashioned sweet shops with sweets in proper big jars

used to save up the bus fare (2p) from my first bus home and buy 2oz of midget gems on the way home - then just had to pay the 3p for the 2nd bus
was quicker to ride my bike but I wasn;t allowed (20 minutes over 1 hour!!!!) - maybe they knew what speed I did down the hill!

Top Bottom