[FS] Cannondale CAAD10 Dura-Ace - 60cm.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
1.jpg 2.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg size chart.gif

I've threatened to sell before for various reasons but have always managed to find a way round it, sadly I can't find a way around it this time :cry:

The racing geometry is proving too much nowadays so she's still not getting the use she deserves and I'm not getting the excercise I badly need :whistle:

I really don't want to break the bike but if that what it takes to get the most out of her then that's what I might have to do :angry:

As for price, I've no idea really but I have to put one on, so based on the sum of it's parts I suspect she should be worth in the region of a grand.

In a nutshell, CAAD10 DA, 60cm frame, full DA drivetrain, DA shifters, DA calipers & DA pedals.

The BB30 has been modified with an FSA adapter to allow fitting of any Hollowtech II cranks.

Halo Aerorage wheels with Conti Gatorskins.

Ritchey WCS finishing kit. KCNC jockey wheels, carbon bottle cages, Fizik Arione saddle.

FWIW I do fancy a fat bike for lazy mooches so I could be tempted to do a swap, unlikely I know but there you go. Or even just something with a more relaxed geometry might suffice, let me know what you've got if you fancy the CAAD :okay:

View attachment 132910 View attachment 133033 View attachment 133034 View attachment 133035 View attachment 133036 View attachment 133037 View attachment 133038 View attachment 132909 View attachment 132910 View attachment 133039

Last edited:

outlash

also available in orange
Lushness personified, but I have neither the money or something you want. Good luck with the sale.

400bhp

Guru
I know someone who is looking for a bike and 60cm may be right for him. How old is the bike fella and how new or worn are the parts and tyres etc?

HT2 BB as well isn't it?

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
I know someone who is looking for a bike and 60cm may be right for him. How old is the bike fella and how new or worn are the parts and tyres etc?

HT2 BB as well isn't it?
I bought it new in 2010, (I think it was 2010 anyway, it was the year the 10 came out). IIRC the DA front mech/calipers and Ritchey gear went on around 2012 and the wheels a year later. Everything works as it should, (gears may need a trim as it's not been used in a while). Tyres are probably due for a change but they are still fully functional, I might have some GP4000s I can chuck in as well.

Yes it's HT2 owing to the issues I had with BB30. It had a new Dura Ace BB last year and apart from a 20 miler it hasn't really been out since. I always spin the pedals and wheels when I pass the bike, and I'd have no hesitation jumping on it and riding it anywhere right now.

If your mate wants to view it I could maybe meet up somewhere, just let me know :okay:

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
As per title 60cm.
Sorry I am watching football and reading. I cant multi task:O)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm not surprised that you find that position uncomfortable - it looks pretty radical!

You are clearly very tall judging from the height of the saddle on a 60 cm frame. What strikes me is that you still seem to have spacers above the stem and the stem itself isn't giving you the amount of height you could get on the bars.

I am 6' 1" tall and ride a 58 cm CAAD5. I find the position more comfortable with as many spacers under the stem as I can get in there. I flipped the stem to get the bars up another couple of cm which made a surprising difference. That had the effect of pulling the bars back a bit, which might not be what you want. I decided that I wanted to feel more stretched out so I recently replaced my flipped 11 cm stem with a flipped 12 cm stem which gets the bars higher and further from me. I think that a 13 cm stem might be worth trying, but I am pretty comfortable now so I probably won't bother. (Stems with more rise are also available.)

This is what the setup looks like now ...

Back-friendly Cannodale setup.jpg

You might feel much more comfortable with your bike setup adjusted to something more like that and be able to keep it? :whistle:

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
I'm not surprised that you find that position uncomfortable - it looks pretty radical!

You are clearly very tall judging from the height of the saddle on a 60 cm frame. What strikes me is that you still seem to have spacers above the stem and the stem itself isn't giving you the amount of height you could get on the bars.

I am 6' 1" tall and ride a 58 cm CAAD5. I find the position more comfortable with as many spacers under the stem as I can get in there. I flipped the stem to get the bars up another couple of cm which made a surprising difference. That had the effect of pulling the bars back a bit, which might not be what you want. I decided that I wanted to feel more stretched out so I recently replaced my flipped 11 cm stem with a flipped 12 cm stem which gets the bars higher and further from me. I think that a 13 cm stem might be worth trying, but I am pretty comfortable now so I probably won't bother. (Stems with more rise are also available.)

This is what the setup looks like now ...

View attachment 133649

You might feel much more comfortable with your bike setup adjusted to something more like that and be able to keep it? :whistle:
I've met smokey and erm he's huge, as you know Colin I'm not a tiny fellow. Compared to smokey I'm a hobbit, us big fellows do tend to fall outside of the bike fitting norms, simply because we're to wide and in my case too chunky.

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
I'm not surprised that you find that position uncomfortable - it looks pretty radical!?
Cheers Colin. I've already flipped the stem but TBH I've always resisted raising the bars as the steerer tube is carbon and me and carbon are not natural bed fellows so I can't help thinking it would always be in my mind, especially when swinging on the bars when climbing. I suspect nothing would ever happen, but having it on your mind all the time would I suspect detract from riding enjoyment.

No I think the time has come to leave the tarmac behind I'm afraid.

C2W might become an option in the near future, so if all goes well I may have that option available as well.

Last edited:

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Cheers Colin. I've already flipped the stem but TBH I've always resisted raising the bars as the steerer tube is carbon and me and carbon are not natural bed fellows so I can't help thinking it would always be in my mind, especially when swinging on the bars when climbing. I suspect nothing would ever happen, but having it on your mind all the time would I suspect detract from riding enjoyment.

No I think the time has come to leave the tarmac behind I'm afraid.

I've applied for a new job at a company that does C2W, so if all goes well I may have that option available as well in the future.
TBH, is there any harm in accepting you may never be, erm, hhmm, svelte?

There's plenty rugby player framed cyclists who do pretty impressive mileage.

Top Bottom