[FS] Cannondale CAAD10 Dura-Ace - 60cm.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
I'm not surprised that you find that position uncomfortable - it looks pretty radical!

You are clearly very tall judging from the height of the saddle on a 60 cm frame. What strikes me is that you still seem to have spacers above the stem and the stem itself isn't giving you the amount of height you could get on the bars.

I am 6' 1" tall and ride a 58 cm CAAD5. I find the position more comfortable with as many spacers under the stem as I can get in there. I flipped the stem to get the bars up another couple of cm which made a surprising difference. That had the effect of pulling the bars back a bit, which might not be what you want. I decided that I wanted to feel more stretched out so I recently replaced my flipped 11 cm stem with a flipped 12 cm stem which gets the bars higher and further from me. I think that a 13 cm stem might be worth trying, but I am pretty comfortable now so I probably won't bother. (Stems with more rise are also available.)

This is what the setup looks like now ...

View attachment 133649

You might feel much more comfortable with your bike setup adjusted to something more like that and be able to keep it? :whistle:
Ffs, sort that farking saddle out!!!!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ffs, sort that farking saddle out!!!!
It didn't get set up like that by accident! :whistle:

Saddle like that - no problem after 140 miles; saddle 'level' - numb after 1.4 miles! :thumbsdown:

I had a top pro cyclist (a Grand Tour stage winner) insist on levelling my saddle for me when he saw it. It almost crippled me to ride round the corner out of sight of him, where I put it back the way I like it! :laugh:

It didn't get set up like that by accident! :whistle:

Saddle like that - no problem after 140 miles; saddle 'level' - numb after 1.4 miles! :thumbsdown:

I had a top pro cyclist (a Grand Tour stage winner) insist on levelling my saddle for me when he saw it. It almost crippled me to ride round the corner out of sight of him, where I put it back the way I like it! :laugh:

What's wrong with Col's saddle ? Looks OK to me in the pic, am I missing something ? :wacko:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
What's wrong with Col's saddle ? Looks OK to me in the pic, am I missing something ? :wacko:
People insist that saddles should be 'level'. I put that in inverted commas because there is the question of how you define the word for something that is not flat. Often they just use a spirit level from back to front of the saddle, which effectively means that the front is pointing slightly upwards. That causes me a right pain in the 'nads, so I set my saddles up as shown - with the nose as high as I can stand, but no higher.

PS Interestingly, I have been experimenting with the stem on that red bike. I have gone from a flipped 11 cm stem, to the flipped 12 cm stem in that photo and now to an unflipped 13 cm stem. The long stem gives me a much more comfortable stretched-out position, but I still need the saddle set up that way.

Top Bottom