FS/SWAP Dawes Discovery 301

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am selling or swapping my Dawes Discovery 301 Hydbrid bike. This was my Dad's regular commuting bike for a number of years until he took up running instead so I got it off him as he was going to give it to the scrapie! Shock, horror!

Unfortunately it is a tad too big for me, I am 5ft 7 and my dad is 5ft 10. The frame top tube is 54cm long and the seat tube is 52cm long.

It is a cracking bike with pannier, rack and guards included. I would like £140 for it or swap for something like a Boardman Road Sport. I prefer drops over straight bars.

Points to note about the Dawes:
-Plenty of the usual scratches as it is a number of years old
-The adjustable stem riser is seized but you can undo the headset cap and clamp bolts easily and change the stem as these are OK.
-the front mech needs reindexing.
-comes with brand new tyres, new front cartridge brake blocks and chain. Tyres mounted to Shimano R500 rims.
-Suspension seat post and comfy saddle, still specced at OEM with Shimano Alivo 3x8.

Completely rideable as is or great as a potential project bike for those who want a go at home mechanics.

I am based in Middlesbrough but willing to post at cost.

Attachments

• 20160725_213521.jpg
    20160725_213521.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20160725_213602.jpg
    20160725_213602.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
bikingdad90
Open to offers before I stick it on Ebay as I would like to see it get used in a good home not sit in my garage doing nothing.

Top Bottom