FS1E,AP50 Mopeds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
I never had one (not a motorbike fan ) , but most of my mates in the mid 70s did.

Christ, the abuse they gave them ;) They say youngsters are mental today, you shouda seen them.
Trevor wassisname used to come hurtling into Bingham marketplace and drop his on its side, emitting a shower of sparks from the footrests. Awesome.

Some of the guys used to go trialling in some quarry in Notts somewhere....take a 1/4 mile run up to the biggest steepest hill in the quarry, engine screaming...slowly, and then quickly losing revs as it struggled up the hill, and usually JUST scraped over the top.

Travis (Tim) used to switch his lights off in the dark, and go hurtling up the unlit road into Flintham, screaming like a banshee :smile::biggrin::biggrin:

They all had party tricks.....its a wonder they made it to adulthood.;)

OP
OP
G

gary r

Guru
i think the coolest ped was a Fantic Caballero,trials style 6speed. kids who had peds loved em to bits, until the first time they rode or got a bigger bike,You then realise they are a pile of crap!

Gary D

Thanks Elmer for those pictures - bought back a lot of memories of mis-spent youth!! Mine was the SS50 as in middle picture.

Paulus,
The flat barred and drum braked SS50 was the slightly earlier 4 speed model. The later ones were 5 speed.

I'll just go and get my anorak now..............

Gary.

k-dog

Guess I'm a bit younger than you guys but I had a Honda MT5 in the mid 90's.

mt5wf6.gif

Just like that but red and white.

Used to get a lot of abuse at school - I can still remember one guy in particular laughing and saying that he got home quicker on the bus. Nonsense as I could run home faster than the bus - back then. A lot quicker on the bike than that too.

That was a great way to get around town.

Got a great deal on it too - I'd been looking a bike for a few weeks and decided on the MT5. I was getting further and further from home in the yellow pages and finally called a shop in Kirkcaldy. They had one that they'd bought back from someone a few days before (didn't want a new one as they were about £1300 at the time). My mum took me to see it and we bought it then. It was £650 with 32 miles on the clock. Old lady had bought it and then decided she didn't want it a few weeks later.

Hired a transit van with my dad to go and get it - was cheaper than their delivery charge and I hadn't passed my CBT or arranged insurance at that point.

Sold it to my cousin 2 years later for about £600 if memory serves me correctly. And he had it stolen a few weeks later - moved from the country to the big smoke and wasn't used to locking things up.

marco polo

fizzie

Great memories I had a yellow one with black stripes 76 model
put dropped handlebars on it to make it go faster
best bike I had well on a par with my purple chopper bike
happy days

:rolleyes::becool:

GaryA

Subversive Sage
Bloody hell that must be a record thread resurrection...2007; I though they were all deleted
'alert about mopeds' keh?
Funny how ones posting style changes over the years

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
No scooters. I was 'hissing' about with pedal bikes making them go 1 mph quicker at 16 years old. :evil: Bought myself a nice 531c with Shimano 600/Ultegra. My that was quick compared to my old iron horse 'racer'.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I am slightly too young the first motorbike I had was a Yamaha DT50 that was restricted and pretty slow. I then went onto 125's but gave them up when I started driving cars.

Top Bottom