FS1E,AP50 Mopeds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
And then restricted came in.Remember the Rd 50,the TY50,very quiet,very reliable,but 30 mph maximum:sad:

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
col said:
And then restricted came in.Remember the Rd 50,the TY50,very quiet,very reliable,but 30 mph maximum:sad:
Yeah, from a junction they'd go :- RRRrrrrrrrrmmm, RRRrrrrrrrrmmm, RRRrrrrrrrrmmm, putt putt putt !

col

Legendary Member
Elmer Fudd said:
Yeah, from a junction they'd go :- RRRrrrrrrrrmmm, RRRrrrrrrrrmmm, RRRrrrrrrrrmmm, putt putt putt !

And after what seemed like ages,they would get to the other side of the junction,very low geared too it seemed:biggrin:

jonathan ellis

I had a Honda CB50J until I went head on into an Audi

it was faster uphill than my mates FSZ1E but not down or on the flat.

still the smash stopped me getting an RS Gamma 500

LOGAN 5

My first bike was a Suzuki AP50. Absolutely loved it, went everywhere. Was always cleaning it. it was an unrestricted one so did over 45mph but was horribly slow up hills.

I had an AP50 too, got up about 4am on my 16th birthday. Had a CB175 for a bit when I was 17 but then got a company van and that was the end of my motorcycling days.

GaryA

Subversive Sage
Third-hand Garelli Tiger cross at 16........ yellow & black are supposed to be warning colours ;);) What a heap, hideously unreliable..italian Electrical wiring weaved by blind widows in a dungeon, stupid pedals which caught my boney ankles..sounded like a cracking, cackling firework in a dustbin...dogs hated it, possible the acoustics .... they always chased me on that bike..maybe thet recognsed a fellow hound-dog :smile:
I remember peeing on the engine more than a few times when it 'nipped up' -despite using expensive bell-ray two stroke oil
The clouds of foul-smelling steam did not impress the passing old grannys:blush:
When it was running we did daft things like have races over the half-built leisure centre....... other lads had a SS50 with C70 barrell, AP 50 and a Fandria 50...oh and a vespa scooter that suffered a 'broken back' when 3 of us took a jump on it me and my bro were squatting in each footwell
Oh and we went through a phase of wallpapering our helmets for some strange reason :laugh::ohmy::biggrin:
Some daft cult thing perchance?;)

GaryA

Subversive Sage
MarkF said:
Never been off bikes, right now I have a PX125, VFR750FV and NX650 Dominator

Ditto!;)...I have a NTV650 for work and a VFR750FR for weekends-the early raspberry black one...a prince among motorcycles ;)

OP
OP
G

gary r

Guru
Bloody hell! Just been talking to a mate about our old peds & Just found out he still has his honda SS50 in his mums shed along with his Yamaha YB100 !!!!

domtyler

Über Member
Yammie DT50 was my first bike at 17, big bore kit, power valves, power filter, micron exhaust etc. etc. Sold my Raleigh Criterium Triathlon racer to get the cash together! ;) Wrote that off and still have the scars to show for it.

Used the insurance money to get a RD125LC, stage two race tuned, over a ton down hill easy.

col

Legendary Member
gary r said:
Bloody hell! Just been talking to a mate about our old peds & Just found out he still has his honda SS50 in his mums shed along with his Yamaha YB100 !!!!

Wow,get em out and fire em up,great fun:biggrin:

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Here we go boys !

FS1Eportrait1.jpg

Honda%20SS50%20%2072dpi.jpg

Garelli%20Tiger%20Cross%201974.jpg

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
That must be a late 70's piccy of a SS50, it's got a front disc brake and easy rider handlebars? Mine was the same colour but with normal front brake shoes and flat handlebars. UMD72M was the Reg.

col

Legendary Member
Elmer Fudd said:
Here we go boys !

FS1Eportrait1.jpg

Honda%20SS50%20%2072dpi.jpg

Garelli%20Tiger%20Cross%201974.jpg

Wahay,the tiger cross,one of the fastest peds (when it worked) of the time?:biggrin:or is it the rekord?its been a while.

Top Bottom