FSA No11n headset - alternative available?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dawn72

Hi folks. The headset on my husband's voodoo hoodoo is making horrible grinding noises. What would be his best option
A. Replace bearings
B. Replace with like for like ie a new FSA No11n
C. Upgrade with another headset

He commutes every day and we ride together at the weekend so I'm looking for a long term solution. Thanks

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Hi folks. The headset on my husband's voodoo hoodoo is making horrible grinding noises. What would be his best option
A. Replace bearings
B. Replace with like for like ie a new FSA No11n
C. Upgrade with another headset

He commutes every day and we ride together at the weekend so I'm looking for a long term solution. Thanks
Are you sure that grinding isn't a bit of road grit washed into the works? Have you cleaned and regreased the bearings and got no improvement?

Today I just regreased and cleaned my FSA headset and promptly dropped the little compression ring. I heard it bounce and then nothing more; after an hour on my hands and knees in the kitchen it was still evading recapture. A trip to the LBS who only had a nylon one (original was metal) and I guess it should work until I can source an FSA replacement. Meanwhile, that grinding noise has migrated from the bike to my knees....Grrrrrr.

Top Bottom