FSA Tempo Chainring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sevans0579

Regular
Hi, I have a Giant Rapid 3 2010. Its fitted with a front FSA Tempo 30 42 52 triple chain set. Basically it got damaged and needs replacing, but i cant seem to find anywhere that stock it? is there an alternative i could get, maybe even better model? I cant even find it on FSA website? its 130mm BCD

Many thanks

square taper isn't it..? You'll probably find a Stronglight chainset to fit, if so. You don't say what the 'damage' is, but if it's just the rings, then any other 130mm rings will do....

OP
OP
S

sevans0579

Regular
Yeah sorry, i came off the bike and it buckled the chain set, would it be ok to fit any 130mm BCD or does it have to have the same amount of teeth?

OP
OP
S

sevans0579

Regular
ok thanks, will check that out, although i am pretty sure its the chain set as i can see buckles in it where it took impact

I wouldn't bother checking the BB - especially if you have no reason to suspect it and you can actually see where the damage is on the chainset. If the rings are bent, just replace them...

OP
OP
S

sevans0579

Regular
Could someone explain about the amount of teeth please, does it have to be compatible with the chain? or basically can i go out any get any with a BCD of 130mm, i cant get the Tempo FSA 30 42 52 triple chain set, but gonna have to get individual chain sets closet to match the amount of teeth, i am guessing the more teeth the faster it is??

in essence, the higher the tooth count, the 'harder' it is to push the pedals - or the faster you will go for the same cadence. But I'm still not completely clear on what/where the damage is to your chainset. A pic might help....

lukesdad

Crankset or Chainrings ?

Crankset= the arm and spider that bolt to your bottom bracket
Chainrings= the 3 rings that bolt to the spider across which you chain runs

I have a Giant 2009 Defy 2.5 with the FSA chainrings. Just changed the middle ring (130mm Bolt Circle Diameter) 5 spoke for a Stronglight - both 39T. Basically no problem, but had to re-position and then re-align the front mech, and spend a bit of time tweaking and re-setting the cable tension etc - but it all works fine. So, get the FSA ring if you can find one, but the Stronglight works fine.

Cyclist33

Hi, I have a Giant Rapid 3 2010. Its fitted with a front FSA Tempo 30 42 52 triple chain set. Basically it got damaged and needs replacing, but i cant seem to find anywhere that stock it? is there an alternative i could get, maybe even better model? I cant even find it on FSA website? its 130mm BCD

Many thanks

I think as long as the bottom bracket type is compatible, and the teethings are the same, you can replace it with not the same exact chainset. In fact it doesn't need to have the same teethings, although you would then notice different pedalling response, as noted already.

Here's a good bargain to be had: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=78798

Top Bottom