Fuel additive for E10 fuel.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
You mean an electric SUV is no good for towing? Farmers, equestrians and caravanners will be pleased when ICE vehicles are no longer available!
No large EV are exceptional at towing. Its just I own a rare 2.7ton petrol truck. When Rivian arrive in the UK, I'll swap :okay:

Cerdic

Cars, including SUVs, whether petrol, diesel, or electric, have a fairly limited towing capacity. The manufacturers specify a maximum towing weight and tend to be very conservative in their limits. It is illegal to exceed this weight.

To tow anything weighty you need a pickup, such as a Toyota Hilux or Ford Ranger, or a large van.

That Rivian pickup certainly looks an impressive vehicle. Would love to have a go in one…

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Cars, including SUVs, whether petrol, diesel, or electric, have a fairly limited towing capacity. The manufacturers specify a maximum towing weight and tend to be very conservative in their limits. It is illegal to exceed this weight.

To tow anything weighty you need a pickup, such as a Toyota Hilux or Ford Ranger, or a large van.

That Rivian pickup certainly looks an impressive vehicle. Would love to have a go in one…
MY disco is good for 3.5 tonne. Be waiting a while on an EV that can do that with a range of 300miles towing !

Cerdic

MY disco is good for 3.5 tonne. Be waiting a while on an EV that can do that with a range of 300miles towing !

Yes, Landrover are an exception. They have always rated their stuff at 3.5t because that is what the military required...

keithmac

Guru
Ssangyon do some 3.5 ton towing capable SUV's, Rexton iirc.

Our 2.1 ton tow limit is more than enough for dragging the tin tent about.

Even if an electric car could tow a decent amount the range would be abysmal.

Top Bottom